Menu Monday

A new week has begun and I find myself with a few leftovers...Not enough to manage to get through the entire week mind you but enough to get it started and give me a break from the task of cooking from scratch.  Which means I have extra time to put into the fun of decorating the house.  As with Thanksgiving I'm not going for an over the top, all out decorated look.  Just incorporating a little something extra into our usual everyday decor.  I am just not feeling 'over the top' at all this year but I am having fun!



Monday:  Beef Stew, Pineapple Salad, Corn Muffins and Coconut Cookies
Stew left from last week was stretched with a bit of leftover meat and some canned potatoes and then reheated on the stove.  Corn Muffins were leftovers as well.  I heated those in the microwave in two stages.  The first for 30 seconds just took the majority of the chill from the muffins.  Then the second heating took place about 10 minutes later for just 20 seconds.  Perfect.  Hot, tender and ready to melt butter, the way they ought to be!


Tuesday:  Meatball Heroes, Chips, Celery and Carrot Sticks, Apples
Plenty of leftover meatballs from our spaghetti dinner and they were so tasty!  I am sure they will be equally good in the sandwiches.  I'll have a few more leftovers but those will go right into the freezer for a future meal.

Wednesday:  Dinner out with friends

Thursday:  Dinner out with Mama

Friday:  Spanish Chicken and Rice, pico de gallo Salad, Butterscotch pudding
It's supposed to be good and cold once more and this slow simmering dish will suit me admirably for a cold day's meal.  I'll cook an extra chicken breast for John's sandwiches over the weekend.

Saturday:  Slow Cooker Beef Shank with Root Vegetables, Mashed potatoes
A nice meal to leave cooking at home while I'm off at synagogue.  I can make the potatoes ahead and keep warm in my little crock pot.

Sunday:  Meatloaf, Potato cakes, Green Beans, Carrot Cake
I'll be able to prepare this meal ahead and then work away all morning long without a care for dinner...I like that.  It's the sort of meal that will wait upon me, rather than me waiting upon it!  That should mean extra time to get a myriad of tasks accomplished!

No comments: