Menu Plan Monday

Here I am at long last today...And confession time before I get started: the meal I planned for dinner today didn't happen.  I got caught up in various things, some of which included fabric, and next thing I knew it was almost 1pm and I hadn't even thought about making dinner at all.  So my menu is already askew.  I'll just bump things around this week as I go, I guess.  It will all work out in the long run.

Monday:  Pigs in Blankets, German Potato Salad, Slaw, Cake
Hot dogs are leftover from John's lunch.  Thought by dressing them up with a bit of cheese and some biscuit dough (I don't like canned crescents at all, but you're perfectly welcome to use them if you do like them) would make a tasty dinner.  Well, I'll just have them for supper now and the leftovers of that will make a nice enough snack for John when he comes in tonight.
I'll make up a whole batch of biscuit dough, will make remainder into biscuits for breakfast tomorrow morning, to be filled with cubed steak.




Tuesday:  Pakistani Style Chicken, Rice Pilaf, Steamed Broccoli with lemon
The recipe for the chicken in from one of my vintage magazines.  A combination of butter, sliced almonds and spices is mixed and put over chicken pieces along with 2 chopped onions.  All goes into oven to bake.  I thought it sounded interesting and except for the cardamon called for, the recipe is standard pantry ingredients as well.  I bought cardamon especially for this recipe, combining a sale/coupon and yes, it was still expensive.  My fave cookbook tells me that cardamon is a 'sweet' spice, good for cakes and cookies and pastries and pies. Good to know for future usage.

Wednesday:  Steak, Baked Potato, Green Salad with cottage cheese, homemade croutons and Blue Cheese dressing, Roasted Asparagus
When asked what he'd like to do for our birthdays, this was the list recited (minus the asparagus, I added that as my choice).  A cooked at home, splurge meal.  We'll have leftovers of our birthday cakes (baby sized cakes) to eat following the meal if we ever feel hungry again after eating.

Thursday:  Macaroni and Cheese, Green Beans Creole,  Tossed Green Salad, Baked Apples
An economy meal to balance the budget!  Tomatoes and celery top the green beans.  

Friday:  Fried Rice, Eggrolls, Tangerines
Leftover rice, meant for rice pudding, didn't get used for that purpose.  After birthday cake all week long...a bit not ready for anything sweet.  So why not make a savory heavy on the vegetables, low on the protein type meal?


Saturday:  Hot Wings, Carrot and Celery Sticks, Ranch Dressing, Oven Fries
A convenience item bought at the deli and frozen for the main entree.  The meal is meant to be quick and low labor for this cook after synagogue today.


Sunday:  Leftovers Galore
John's working an extra shift, I'll be home alone and I have a feeling there will be quite a few leftovers around.  

No comments:

Coffee Chat: Love and Marriage