Menu Monday - Planning Ahead


I decided this week I needed to plan ahead, so I started working out menus yesterday.  I didn't quite get finished then but I had a good start which made it even easier to make the rest of the plans this morning.  It's Spring here.  The mornings are cool and the days are a little warmer.  I don't want food that is too lightweight nor too heavy.  It's a balancing act!  I think I have a good plan to work with for the week.

Monday:    Chicken Paprikash, Rice, Green Beans, Russian Salad
I'll make just a half recipe of the chicken dish.  I only took out two breasts to thaw.  I'll make extra rice to use later in the week.  Our salad will be shredded lettuce, sliced beets and hard boiled egg slices with a tomato vinaigrette dressing.

Tuesday:  Steak, Cheesy Potatoes, Tossed Salad
I'll divide this sirloin into three portions and cook just two for today.




Wednesday:  Out with Mama

Thursday:  Chicken Livers, Oven Fries, Coleslaw
I love chicken livers but seldom cook them for myself.  I have a full pound, but will steam 2/3 of them for liver pate to make sandwiches.  This is something I haven't done in years upon years, but it's a tasty sandwich filling or a good spread for crackers too.


Friday:  Shish Kebab, Rice, Steamed Broccoli
Leftover steak cubed and paired with onions and bell peppers on skewers and then marinated with a vinaigrette  dressing will make the main dish.  I'll steam leftover rice from Monday's meal.

Saturday:  Herb Roasted Chicken Breasts, Stuffing, Salad with spring fruits
I'll make up an herb butter to slather over the chicken.  Stuffing is leftovers from freezer.  I'll mix orange segments and sliced strawberries with torn salad greens for the salad.


Sunday:  Sloppy Joes, Chips, Fruit Salad 
A simple meal for today.  I'll make burger rolls from scratch when I make bread.  The fruit for the salad will be prepped ahead.  I'll add fresh apple chunks and pineapple to this mixture in a sour cream dressing.  Mini Marshmallows are a nice touch that makes the salad more like a dessert dish.

No comments: