Weekly Meal Plan

I sat down to plan meals this afternoon and had no problems whatsoever...That blustery wind outdoors, the gray skies, the chilly air all proved inspirational.  I don't know that this will last but it sure was nice to not struggle to come up with warm weather foods that I'm so bored bored bored with making for a change.

I have a November inspiration list that is two pages long already.  Can we say PROJECTS?  They abound  for the month ahead.  I've already begun working on that list, but nothing major to show for it.  My incentive fell away after John asked me to go into town and get a frozen pizza for dinner.  I didn't mind postponing my planned meal since he's put in no special requests for several weeks now.  Besides there were a couple of loss leader sales I wanted to take advantage of this week.  I put 20 pounds of flour in the freezer and another 6 cans of diced tomatoes on the pantry shelf.

Veggie Soup, Toasted Pimento and Cheese Sandwiches, Apple Dumplings
Cold and blustery forecast for tomorrow so I decided this is what we'll be having.  I usually have a homemade soup day in September with the first chill days, but there were none, so no soup.  I'm looking forward to this meal!


Beef Pot Pie, Fried Okra, Peach Salad
The pot pie is leftovers I'd frozen and thawed for today's meal.  I'll oven fry the okra while the pot pie heats up.



Teriyaki Chicken Wings, Rice, Oriental Green Beans, Ambrosia or Fresh Pears with Walnuts and cheese
I haven't checked the freezer yet to see if I have more frozen oranges.  If I don't the fresh pears will do just fine for us at meal's end.  I'll double up on the rice for tomorrow's meal.


Red Beans and Rice, Coleslaw, Cornbread Muffins, Baked Apples 
I keep putting this menu down on my list of meal plans and I never get round to making it.  This week I think I will.  It's a very filling, but not too heavy meal.  The baked apples are 'extra' good, those nice Wine Sap apples I bought in North Georgia.


break:  I went out after typing that last bit to say goodbye to John.  I noticed the ground under the back yard pecan tree was just littered with nuts so I ended up staying out there for an hour.  I didn't even begin to finish!  The pecans were raining down the whole time I was picking them up.  I usually divide the area under the tree into quadrants.  I got a bit over half done.  I'll just bet that tomorrow those pecans will be as thick on the ground as they were today.  I think I picked up about 15 pounds this evening!  There's about 20 pounds in that bag now, enough to warrant selling.  I'll start a new bag tomorrow.

Cincinatti Style Chili Three Ways, Green Salad, Cornbread Muffins
I'll make extra chili for another meal.  You'll note corn muffins here, leftovers from the Red Beans and Rice meal.


Roast Beef, Baked Potatoes, Green Peas with Mushrooms, Tossed Salad, Carrot Cake
I'll double up on the potatoes so we have extra for tomorrow's meal.  I'll make extra salad, too.  I'm just pretty much trying to give myself a bread from cooking, lol.


Chili Stuffed Baked Potatoes, Tossed Salad, Carrot Cake

I can't remember when I've had such fun planning a menu!  Nothing like the change of season catching up with the season we're in to make it fun once again.  Hope you all have a good week.  I'll post photos of projects as I get them going.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too have eagerly welcomed the coming of autumn and it's chillier weather. On Saturday I cooked a pot of pinto beans on the stove slowly all day long for supper. So delicious with a batch of hot iron skillet cornbread!

Anonymous said...

I didn't notice these recipes[like the Cincinatti Style Chili say} in your recipe blog. Are they someplace else we can check? They sound very good ! :) Sarah