Weekly Menu Plan - Busy Busy


I've been so busy lately and I do mean busy, not as in not managing my time well, but as in, "I'm tired, but there's so much to do" sort of busy.  The week ahead is looking to be every bit as busy as the one past. I want to get some things tagged for the booth, the usual housework and meals, I will no doubt make a couple of thrifting forays even though I will be shopping the shed for the most part, there's my day out with Mama, a book study class at synagogue, yard work if it's the least bit cool...Lots to do and be done.  Frankly my energy is high and I don't mind a single bit that there is plenty to do.  I think it's Fall Fever has a hold on me at present.  That whole business of readying self and house and yard for the winter months.
The weather is holding steady.  Highs near 90 (very mild I'll grant you, compared to the usual), humid, afternoon thunderstorms...It's been four months of the same, so nothing new there.  I'm trying to strike a balance between my craving for hearty warming meals and the weather that is warming enough on it's own.

I was out in the yard this morning, replanting some volunteer snapdragons that sowed themselves randomly (everywhere except the pot they were in naturally), tossed the dusty miller that mildewed and looked ratty and pitiful, pulled up some marigolds that were most thoroughly spent, pulled a few weeds.  It didn't take long to convince me that maybe it was just a tad warmer outdoors than I'd thought while just sitting reading my Bible.  Oh well.  Even doing a handful of work at these tasks at a time is better than doing nothing at all.  Now to do my 'handful of planning' for the week ahead.

Corn Dogs, Coleslaw, French Fries, Chocolate Soda
I'll make my own Corn Dogs.  I don't fry them but bake them, so not nearly so fattening as you might suspect. Ditto for the fries.  I'll make my own in the oven.  The chocolate soda is just for fun.  We seldom indulge in those.


Sweet and Spicy Wings,  Potatoes au gratin, Broccoli and apple salad
I'll cook the wings and the potato dish in the oven, likely early in the morning and then reheat later.  That should keep the heat down a bit.


Pot Roast with Gravy over Rice, Sliced Tomato Salad, Rolls
Keeping it light and simple for John's return to work day.

Meatloaf, Italian Peasant Vegetables, Fruit Salad, Corn Muffins
I haven't made the vegetable dish in quite some time.  It's simple enough: sliced potatoes cooked until just done, add in a drained can of green beans and a little Italian dressing, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

Turkey Kielbasa, Poppy Seed and sour cream Noodles,  Caramelized Onions, Cabbage Salad
I'll leave out the usual cumin seasoning in the cabbage salad, and just dress with a vinaigrette type dressing 

Baked Cornish Game Hens, Cherry and Pecan Rice Pilaf, Wedge Salads
I like baked chicken for a Sabbath meal...And Cornish Hens count as baked chicken in my book.  I'll use dried cherries in the pilaf.

Leftovers Day
There are bound to be a few leftovers in this week.  Typically we'd eat some of the leftovers as sandwiches for supper (meatloaf, pot roast) but I'm just as sure there will be wings and a serving or two of the sides, more that enough to serve as a meal for two.

No comments:

Coffee Chat: Love and Marriage