Weekly Meal Plan






Haven't decked the halls with  holly....haven't  finished shopping oh by golly... Fa la lala la la la la la la

That would be my Christmas carol at present.  The tree is up but not decorated, there are a few gifts sent some of which have arrived and some haven't, but not all of them are bought and none of them are wrapped.  The Christmas cards are still tucked in the desk drawer.  There are no wreaths yet upon the doors or any decorating of any sort.  My goal is to get these tasks accomplished this week.



Lest you think I've done nothing but laze about, my husband has been off.  We've been very goal oriented, hence some of the shopping got done, but mostly it's been around the house projects we've tackled.  We've been busy just not with the holiday things.  With just two weeks ahead before the holiday obviously I need to change my tactics.  Hence this week's meals require less prep than usual.  When we came in from church yesterday, I tackled baking for this week, to free up my time for a batch of cookies or two.

I'll start with yesterday's menu, which was take out.  I bought that to save myself a bit of time, and it came from my allowance.  Now here's the "Ack!" moment of that.  We stopped for a paper after we'd bought takeout.  Later that afternoon, I found two coupons from KFC that were far far better buys than the snacks with sides deal we bought.  Oh well.

2-piece KFC Snacks, Mashed Potatoes, Coleslaw, Angel Food Cake
I made the angel food cake from an Aldi mix, $1.19.  It's quite good and I think a very ecnomical dessert/snack food for the week.  We had eaten pie for 10 days and were ready to have a lighter option.  This worked beautifully.

Roast Beef Hash, Fried Okra, Tossed Salad, French Dressing
The roast and gravy meant for hot sandwiches last week was carried over for today's meal.  Adding just two medium sized potatoes and half an onion netted me enough roast beef hash for four.  I put half away for John to have for dinner Wednesday while I'm out with Mama and her cousin.

Smoked Sausage, Squash Casserole, Green Beans, Corn Muffins
I've got a few odd pieces of beef sausage in the freezer.  John is fond of it, but I try to keep portions smaller simply because we usually eat it for breakfast.  I think I can piece entree sized portions from what I have on hand.

Dinner out with Mama, John has leftovers

Red Beans and Rice, Coleslaw, Leftover Corn Muffins
I froze the leftover beans and rice last time we ate them, so I'll just reheat in a slow oven with the corn muffins right alongside.  

Chicken Parmigiana, Spaghetti, Salad, Garlic Bread
I have two lonely boneless skinless breasts in the freezer, so this will be a single meal off them.  It's the last bought boneless skinless breasts I'll be buying, not because they aren't good but because I need to trim the grocery budget this coming year and I can buy whole chickens or bone in breasts for under $1a pound.  I learned how to cut up whole chickens when I was a pre-teen.  The savings iw more than worthwhile.


Sliders, Chips, Pickles
I found slider buns last grocery day for $1.  I plan to make up ground beef into patties, use the 'marinade' (butter, onion, mustard) to dress them.  We'll eat about 2-3 each depending on how hungry we are this day and I'll put the rest in the freezer for quick suppers. This will be an easy meal following Synagogue.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not much time to comment...but the okra sure sounds good!!!! ...Sarah