In My Home This Week: Another Fresh Start


Whew!  It was a week of work last week.  I was plenty busy decorating and cleaning and running errands. Well it's all over except the eating which will take place today and then it's all done.  I am looking forward to this day of family and food and grands.

This week promises to be busy as well.  John is off all week long so my time is at his disposal for the most part and whose to say what that means?  I never know until moments before sometimes what the plans for the day may be.  That means that meals also may be more on the fly as well...and I must be prepared for that as well.  Seems sort of useless to even make plans doesn't it?  Well I if I don't then I'll really have to prepare them on the fly and there is no fun whatsoever in that.  Besides, it's grocery week and I need to be sure I have enough to prepare meals.



Breakfasts:  Peanut butter Toast, Bananas
                     Blueberry Muffins, Cheese Omelet
                     Butterscotch Oatmeal, Toasted Blueberry Muffins
                     French Toast, Turkey Sausage
                     Cheese Toast
                     Bagels and Cream Cheese
                     Breakfast Sandwich

Suppers:  BLTs, potato soup
                 Corn Chowder
                 Grilled Cheese
                 Nachoes
                 Hot Dogs and Chips
                 Egg Salad Sandwiches
                 Crackers, Cheese, Fruit plates

Dinners:  Cheese and Crackers, Deviled Eggs, Steaks, Baked Beans, Baked Potatoes, Salad Bar and various desserts.
This is our big family dinner day.  John paid for the steak from Christmas savings this year and the girls are bringing desserts and deviled eggs.

Hamburgers, Potatoes O'Brien, Coconut Pie
Used leftover rolls and baked potatoes and peppers from Sunday's meal

Cowboy Chili, Biscuit Bread, Carrot Raisin Salad
More hamburger meat today.  I'll mix with onions, catsup and some leftover baked beans to make a thick hearty goulash of sorts.  It's cold and blustery outside and this just seems a real comfort meal to me on a cold day.

Chicken and Wild rice Casserole, Green Beans, Salad with Apples, Walnuts and Craisins, Catalina Dressing
I have a whole chicken in the freezer.  I'm going to roast it and use it in several dishes.

Chicken Enchiladas, Whole Kernel Corn, Salad with Pico de Gallo, Ranch dressing
If I can find some salsa verde I'll use that but otherwise I'll make a creamy version using half a can of mushroom soup and some sour cream.

Pasta e Fagioli, Crusty Bread, Salad
I copied the recipe off a Facebook post...I can't find it to give credit to the originator but it sounded as though it had good flavors in it.  It cooks in the crockpot which is also a bonus in my book.

Chicken Pot Pie, Coleslaw
I'll likely save this one for our Shabat dinner.  I'm pretty sure the chicken will have given it's all at this point so will freeze the carcass for a future broth making day.

Work Plans This Week:



Clean guest room.  Change bedding.

Finish planting iris.  (only  a few more)

Grocery shopping.

Get Christmas cards finished and in the mail.

Work on Mama's Christmas gift.

Be ready to drop everything and do whatever John wants to do...and that is a job in itself, lol!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another week of menus that looks scrumptious. I'm enjoying having a menu made out for December. This week I did a "Terri" and didn't use some of it, but like you said, it is better to be prepared and not need it than need it and not be prepared. I swapped out one item that I had down for later in the month for supper tonight. Tomorrow I'll be back on schedule.

I have my Christmas all ready. We didn't decorate much this year. A tree and a few bits and bobs here and there. Enough to know it is Christmas time.

I like your 'dropping everything to do what John wants to do' ... believe you me, I know all about that. I love being able to help my hubby. I was out running errands with him this afternoon. It was 66 degrees ... way too nice to be inside. Pam

Thrifty Thursday: Try Harder