Tried and True: Recipes to Share III

                                                     


Kathy:  Definitely going to have to try that lava cake recipe!
I have been making this roast sticky chicken for close to 20 years, I think. I originally got the recipe from a frugal living board on ivillage from Tawra Kellam who has the Living on a Dime website now.
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/45954/roast-sticky-chicken-rotisserie-style/
I no longer roast it for 4 hours, since that is a Long time to leave your oven on, plus expensive electricity use. I roast for 20 min/pound and we still like it.

Dawn:  I also love that lava cake recipe. It is so easy but very good. I shared a recipe for spinach dip that was a hit at a bridal shower this past weekend: http://ahomeinthecountry.blogspot.com/2016/05/spinach-dip-recipe.html 

Lana:  This chocolate pound cake is so, so good and it turned out perfectly which is not always the case with pound cake recipes. I baked it in a tube pan and it almost overflowed so next time I will put it in two loaf pans. http://southernbite.com/chocolate-pound-cake/

These muffins are almost always in my freezer for my husband's lunches. A few more chocolate chips go in ours and I use 4 bananas for moist muffins. http://designeddecor.com/tantalizing-tuesday-chocolate-chip-banana-muffins/#comment-3227


Karla:  I made my menu today so I guess I'll share a tried and true family recipe. My husband's mom used to make this when my husband and his siblings were kids. It's super easy and really yummy. Easy to prep ingredients ahead of time.

Neese Family "Mexican" Salad

INGREDIENTS:
1 lb ground beef
Salt, pepper and garlic powder, to your preferred amount
1 medium-large head of iceberg lettuce, chopped
1 medium-large tomato, diced
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
4 oz shredded cheese (we use cheddar)
4 oz nacho cheese Doritos, broken up plus more for top
Dressing - 1/2 cup French Dressing mixed with 1/2 cup Thousand Island Dressing

DIRECTIONS:
Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat, drain off excess grease/liquid. Add salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.

In a large serving bowl, combine the lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, kidney beans and ground beef. When ready to serve, add the Doritos and dressing and toss to coat. Keep more Doritos for the top if you'd like. This does NOT keep well for leftovers.

No comments: