Weekly Meal Plan - Post Turkey Week





I'm running a tad behind this week.  We had a full day Shabat at synagogue and then traveling.  It was so cold that we came in and put on our jammies for the afternoon/evening.  Personally I like this sort of weather.  I think I napped, I'm pretty sure John napped.  I didn't do menus...

Yesterday we visited with Katie and Sam.  Katie's boyfriend had a birthday yesterday and we had planned early in the past month to be there on his day.  It was a nice visit, and despite the overcast skies, it was a lovely drive.  What made it even lovelier was seeing all the cars with Christmas trees tied to the roof of the car.  I hazard a guess that nearly every other car had a tree on our way into Athens, and quite a few on the way out, when we headed home.  And by the time we were headed home I could peek in windows at all the trees that were already up and decorated.  John and I couldn't help but laugh as we got near home.  One house outside of Roberta had a 10foot tall Santa inflatable.  The yard was just filled with all sorts of lighted lawn ornaments and such.



What made us laugh wasn't the display, though I did laugh in delight over that Santa.  What made us laugh was remembering a late friend.  Katie and I attended a Christmas function with him and his wife one year and all the way home, Mr. E.J. shook his head sadly over every yard that lacked lights and trees and wreaths and such.  "They just ain't got no Christmas Spirit!" he'd announce at each bare home. Katie and I got so we'd start giggling each time a house with no lights came into view. We told John about it when he came in that evening. We knew Mr. E. J. would approve of this particular home and it was in his memory that we laughed out loud.

After our lovely holiday at home, working hard on Friday and two busy days, I feel a bit undone.  I'm tired and feel that post holiday let down.  I know there are many tasks ahead of me: food inventory, shopping for groceries, shopping for gifts, car maintenance, decorating, flea market booth work, thrifting somewhere in the midst of housework and the necessary things.  I feel a little overwhelmed at it all to be honest, but I am sure I can lay that at the feet of being worn out today.

I didn't let being tired stop me from clearing out and inventorying the big freezer.  I am letting it temporarily stop me from continuing as I try to plan meals out for the week.  John is home and I need to have breakfast, dinner and supper plans for this week.  I'll start with today's meals.

French Toast, Turkey Sausage 
Smoked Beef Sausage, Steamed Cabbage, Cheesy Mashed Potatoes, Apple Pie
Turkey Sandwiches, Orange Segments
And that is the last of the turkey!

Butterscotch Oatmeal, Peanut Butter Toast
Beefy Tortellini Bake,  Green Salad, Toasted Challah Bread
Crustless Quiche, Hash browns

Scrambled Eggs, Grits, Cinnamon Toast
Chicken Piccata, Rice, Steamed Broccoli
Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup

Apple Waffles, Turkey Bacon
Black Bean Burritos, Green Salad, Baked Apples
Peanut Butter and Jelly, Chips

Cold Cereal, Bagels with Cream Cheese
Tuna Casserole, Green Salad, Creole Green Beans
Taco Pizzas

Southwestern Omelet, Toast
Roast Beef, Baked Potato, Garden Peas, Salad
Roast Beef Sandwiches

Breakfast Sandwiches
Chicken Pot Pie, Cranberry Sauce, Asparagus
 7 Layer Dip, Corn Chips

No comments:

Coffee Chat: Love and Marriage