Looking for Fall: Outdoor Decor Inspirations



All of the ideas in this post today are from Pinterest boards.  I haven't even walked out to the shed to look to see what I might have to use.  I don't generally go for pumpkins in my décor because in our area autumn tends to be warm.  It is not conducive to keeping pumpkins fresh.

I chose photos based upon what I have on hand and to give me inspiration for what I might do with it.  As I am writing I'm also thinking of a large basket made from vines that might be fun to use, too.  Oh the ideas!



 I have a burlap wreath or two in the shed.  I think this one is very pretty with the touch of orange on the bow.



I love the sunflower-ish shape of this wreath and the overall simplicity which would work very well indeed against my red doors...but I've heard that working with cornhusks is a right pain in the hinder regions and purchasing them can be cost prohibitive.  Much as I like this, I'm not planning to spend a load of money on my décor...and if I do it will be something I can reuse for several years in some manner.  But gee, it's cute!



I have an empty, new, galvanized bucket on hand.  I like the straw and corn and pumpkin and the bittersweet mixed together.  I think the bucket makes it look very farmhouse and far less Halloween sort of décor.  But we're right back to the pumpkins and the heat here.  Might be something I'll look into doing with fake pumpkins if I still have mine in the shed.   I rather like that old black crow, too.

I have a wood crate I could stencil and fill.  The mums look lovely and the flannel piece just says cozy, doesn't it?   It says autumn all over it!   I'm not sure what I'll end doing but these ideas have certainly got me thinking about my outdoor décor.

9 comments:

Lana said...

I am seeing the possibility of the hurricane tracking across Georgia now. Be safe if it comes your way!

Debby in Kansas, USA said...

I love the cornhusk wreath! When we used to make tamales, we bought them for cheap at the Mexican market. And when we worked with them, they had been soaked. I'm wondering if soaking them, trimming them into their pointy ends, and then shaping them around the wreath would work. Maybe pinning them into place until dry. And then removing them and gluing them in place or heck, just leave the pins!
I don't remember the wet husks being hard to work with at all. That was my official child job...spread the massa on the husks....and then tying them when the tamale was filled and rolled.

Now I want a wreath AND tamales lol.

sparky136 said...

Check the Dollar Tree for fall items. They have burlap leaves and small artificial pumpkins, plus lots of cute signs.

Anonymous said...

I got fake pumpkins years ago. One side has the pumpkin face and the other just plain. I turn them one side for Halloween and the other for the rest of fall. All other decorations are just fall. More bang for your buck! I have a flannel plaid blanket I drape over the back of the wooden bench on our front stoop in the fall and on the part that touches the bench seat I place the pumpkins and fake and real leaves under and around them and a few mums etc. I have some old wood apple baskets ..the small one I put fake or real winter squashes and pumpkins in it. You can use the real pumpkins inside to decorate can't you? Sarah

Anonymous said...

Are you safe there? Sarah

Anonymous said...

So inspiring Terri! I especially like the corn husk wreath!
Love,
Tracey
Xox

karen in WI said...

I have never put up a fall wreath before this year, but I saw a lovely one on sale so I just put it up and then I put a string of microlights in it so it’s nice to look at in the evening...it’s getting dark out so early now. I can’t wait to see what you have done for the autumn season!

Tammy said...

I just love all fall decor I think. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Karla said...

Debbie suggested the same thing I was going to say about finding cornhusks in the tamale making section of the grocery store! I really love the galvanized container. I so wish I had a covered porch that I could keep some of these things out. But our porch is uncovered so exposed to all of the elements. I do have a cute mason-jar looking solar lamp, an outdoor pillow on my glider and a basket of fresh mum plant out there too. Maybe I can think of outdoor-safe items for fall too.