Meal Plan Monday

What a long and whirlwind weekend!  We went down to visit our oldest son and family in honor of his birthday coming up this Monday.  While there we visited the zoo in Jacksonville, Florida.  Then today we rushed back home to meet our youngest two while they worked on car repairs here.  Mama stopped by to visit as we were in the midst of this, unpacking, clearing up from our hasty dinner...About 8pm this evening, I shook my head...Weekend?  What weekend?!  It went so quickly!

Chili Dogs, Sweet Potato Fries
An easy meal, quick to put together for our menu today.  It was just what we needed with all that was going on after our five hour drive.


Fried Chicken, Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, Green Beans, Coleslaw
We didn't eat our chicken leftovers last week.  They went into the freezer and will be a great bonus easy meal for me.  I'm sure I won't feel like a lot of hard work after the hectic weekend.




Ham and Pineapple Pizza, Green Salad
We found a turkey ham luncheon meat that we really like.  It is Lunchmate from Aldi and doesn't have that odd taste that so many turkey ham varieties seem to have.  I thought I'd use some to make a pizza.  I'll add onions and red bell peppers.


Corn and Cheese Enchiladas,  Homemade Refried Beans, Ice Berg Wedge with Ranch dressing
I bought a big packet of corn tortillas.  I like this recipe from All You magazine a couple of years ago.  The enchiladas are hearty enough to make a good meatless meal.  I have plenty of Rhonda's recipe for Red Enchilada Sauce in the freezer and look forward to using it in this dish.

New England Boiled Dinner, Irish Soda Bread, Apple Dumpling
So?  It's a classic St. Patrick's Day meal, I know, but I'm hungry for it now.  And we've got a beautiful corned beef in the freezer and cabbage in the crisper drawer. Besides, the leftovers will make great sandwiches for a cold weekend ahead.

Reubens, Potato Soup
The bonus meal of leftovers.  I'll make extra potatoes for the soup when I make the boiled dinner.

Mushroom Tortellini Pasta with Alfredo Sauce, Steamed Broccoli, Garlic Bread
We've bought shelf stable dried pastas for our pantry shelf, which includes tortellini, ravioli and gnocchi.  They have a shorter life than say spaghetti but they do have their place.  Most are good for six to nine months.  Just be sure to put them into the menu rotation on a regular basis.  We'll have one of those pastas for dinner today. 

No comments: