In My Home This Week: Summer Breeze

In my home this week...

I feel so refreshed and relaxed.  John and I had a lovely week last week, full of sun and sea breezes and new adventures and family.  It was awesome. 


Now to get ourselves ready to sail through week two of his off time.  I think we'll mostly be 'at home' this week catching up with the mowing, starting work on new projects, and maybe throw in the odd day or three or five of continuing to have a holiday.  I'd like to get to see Taylor who just turned two yesterday. Katie opted out of the big birthday bash this year which is fine.  We always kept family birthdays to immediate family in our home, so I am all on board with keeping things simple.  But thank you very much modern technology. I got to watch a little video of my birthday girl's happy smile over her cake.    Mama's birthday is coming right up and then we hit that big June birthday load.  Six birthdays next month!  AND Father's Day thrown in for good measure.

I have spoken with Bess and agreed to have a Jamberry party in June.  I haven't got a date yet.  I need to discuss that with her but she's in the midst of putting together plans for a birthday party for Josh (one of our six June birthdays).  I am pretty sure the Jamberry party will be sometime during the last two weeks of June.  If you'd like a facebook invite let me know.  I'll give you all the details in another post, but you'd be under no obligation to buy anything.  Bess will gladly send you a sample to try (you'll give your address to her not to me or you can email me your address and I'll pass it on to her)  I promise there will be NO pressure to purchase or to host a party although Bess will be happy to assist if you decide you want to do either.  I'll send out a notice with dates later.  You can email me if you want to join in and we'll friend up on Facebook.

I'm not going to list work or leisure plans this week.  I'll stick with home routines  and maybe piddle about the yard. Or not.  As for Leisure, I'm remaining open this last week of vacation to whatever John wants to do with a request from me to go see Katie and Taylor.  Then we'll sail into June and our last month with the current schedule.  Life changes ahead.  I wonder what other changes we'll see once this one takes place.  They do tend to come in batches...  

...I plan meals:



I'm going to try and stick to food inventory already on hand, though I expect to pick up bread, milk and milk and very possibly lettuce though currently I've plenty of that and cabbage.  I plan to grill at least once and then three of my meals will be right from the freezer so they shall be easy as can be.

BBQ Chicken, Corn on the Cob, Pear Salad

Mongolian Beef, Rice, Steamed Oriental Vegetables, Oranges

Chicken Enchiladas, Tossed Salad

Spaghetti with Pasta, Green Salad, Cheesy Bread

Hot Smoked Turkey sandwiches, Chips, Grapes

Black Beans and Rice, Tossed Salad, Mexican Cornbread

Fried Chicken, Beans and Potatoes, Sliced Tomatoes

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I miss your old style backgrounds.

Anne said...

Me, too.

Karla said...

Terri - I would love to be invited to the Jamberry Party! I've been eyeing those for years and never bought any but I'd like to try them out.

Karla said...

By the way, I love reading your menus. They always look so tasty and nutritious!