Summer Outfits Post

I've had so many requests to renew my wardrobe posts.  I put together a set of new outfits the other day, based upon a series of Pinterest photos that I'd pinned to give me cues.  I choose these photos based upon a resemblance between some element of my wardrobe and the pinned photo.  For instance, in the photo below I was looking at this outfit because I have two similar color tops in my wardrobe.  


Outfit #1
One of the tops is as flowy as the one in the photo but it's a dressier looking chiffon fabric.  I'd just picked up a similar color one in Goodwill, but it is more casual.  I felt the thrift store purchase best suited the more casual feel of the outfit above.



I chose the necklace I did because it has a similar shape to the one in the photo.  I like that it is a tonal version of the color of the shirt.  I will pair it with plain gold hoops and several thin gold bangles, which are more flattering to my wrist than a chunky gold cuff bracelet.  The beige shoes were some Bess gave me last summer.  I have a beige purse as well but I was being lazy and didn't want to go fetch it from the hook at the back door, lol, so I placed the beige shoes hereto represent that accessory. 


Outfit #2


It was the blue chambray tee shirt that caught my eye here.  I have a blue chambray,  yoked swing tee in my wardrobe.  I never thought to pair it with my straight leg jeans. The bold gold necklace is an unexpected touch with blue, which I generally feel is rather a cool color and gold is a warm toned metal.  The earrings in the Pinterest photo are flowers with a pearl center.   I have a pearl charm meant to dangle from hoop type earrings.   I noted that the calf clutch was also a warm tone. I do not have gold sandals but I do have a pair of calf sandals and purse and will pair those with this outfit for now.   I'm going to keep my eye out for gold sandals though...





Outfit #3

The pairing of  a blue and white shirt with khaki intrigued me.  It's not something I had thought to do but they are both classic wardrobe pieces.  I have seen photos of blue and white striped shirts with khaki pants but couldn't find it when I went to look for the inspiration photo.   The bold copper looking necklace is nice but I'd seen another photo with a mass of pearl necklaces in the open vee neck and I really wanted to replicate that look.  It didn't work with my blue and white striped shirt because my faux pearls are very ivory and I definitely needed whiter pearls.  So I chose this gold chain and pearl multi strand necklace I'd bought this spring.  I paired with my calf purse and will use my calf sandals, as well.




 Outfit #4



I do love a maxi skirt and feel they are very feminine when paired with strappy sandals.  I was lucky to find two skirts this year at Cato online, a solid black and a patterned gored skirt.

I was looking for ideas to use the black maxi this week.  The grey tank shown here is skimpy and cropped.  I do have a grey tank I might use but I prefer to have my upper arms a little more covered.  So I chose a grey t-shirt instead.  I paired it with the silver sandals I bought at a thrift shop three years ago and a silver statement necklace.  It all photographs well but I noticed in reality  that this particular grey is a warm grey and the silver is a contrast to it, not a tone on tone thing as it reads in the photograph.


Outfit #5

Navy and white is always a classic pairing for summer wear, so it wasn't a stretch to pair my navy lace t-shirt with white pants...but the pairing of the gold and calf with it was something I hadn't thought to do.   This is something I really appreciate about Pinterest.  I get to see outfits that someone else has already put together and gain from their inspiration.


Outfit #6


Coral with olive green...That's what really caught my eye and I was surprised to find that indeed they do look really nice together.   While the outfit above is suited to cooler seasons, it did give me a jumping off point for another outfit.   

I chose to pair my pants and coral shirt with one of the kimonos I made from a scarf I seldom wore and a green glass bead necklace.  I'll use my calf shoes with it was well.


I'll post one more week of outfits for July and then will wait until autumn to show you more, but you may expect this to become a seasonal feature of the blog since you all seem to enjoy it so.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post! Love the outfits! The brown calf leather looks very classic with navy and white. I never thought of that, but will now be adding that to my outfits.
Susanmarie in Pacific Northwest

Out My window said...

Great outfits, as I sit here in my boring, shirt and shorts. I thought to myself, put on some earrings for a change.

Kathy said...

Oh I do love your outfits! I would never have thought of some of those color combinations.Lovely scarf/kimono!

Liz from New York said...

My favorite is the navy/white/brown combo. Always fresh and classy looking! Best, liz

Shirley in Washington said...

Thanks for the great wardrobe ideas! Happy 4th of July to you and your family. Blessings, Shirley in Washington

Anonymous said...

I would love to have you gonthrough my wardrobe until you uttered those 2 little words, "you're hopeless". LOL. Really fun seeing your outfits. Gramma D

Anonymous said...

Outfit #6 sure got my reaction. Not my colors but aren't they beautiful together! I think the outfits are all very pretty. I still wear print tops so can't wear scarfs or try some of the suggestions. I have though spiffed up my wardrobe with your helpful ideas through time. Seems every time I wear a plain colored top I get a spot on it first thing... ;)
I am not tiny and so many of the 'outfits' I see for my shape show layering. Who want to layer your clothes when it is 100 and humid??? !!! Come on people get real. Your ideas Are real. They are so helpful. Yes count me in,.. I too enjoy your wardrobe posts. Very much. The only thing better is like Grandma D. said that you come to us and help us out. LOL Sarah

The Homemaker Plans Her Week: Baby Blue