The Week Ahead: Tired and Weary and Far Behind

 


I made it through Friday and felt I could manage just fine with the Sabbath rest, but I find I am in need of Taking Care of ME, something I'd vowed to do this year as part of my resolution.  Number one because my personal attitude dives downward, and I quickly blame everyone and everything that looks my way as being part of the problems I am experiencing.  Number two because I don't feel good darn it and I am tired of just pushing through.

So, for this week ahead, I'm not going to worry about what needs to be done.  I've said before, and I tell you it is so very true, never in my life has a messy house gotten up and cleaned itself nor left in a fit of pique because I didn't get it cleaned.


 If a task bothers anyone else badly enough that they feel it must be done, I will gladly allow them to do it and not complain.  Thus far no one else seems to be bothered by the great piles of undone things.   So be it.

There are a few things I shall have to do.  In the week ahead, I mean to make meals and clear up dishes only because I have a very limited supply of paper plates and disposable cups and I don't want to go out to buy more.  Meals will be as simple as I can make them.   I don't keep a lot of convenience things on hand and there's no delivery or grub hub or uber eats nor any takeout within less than an hour's round trip drive.  But I do have basic foodstuffs and can make simpler meals.   

And I will take care of Caleb who needs me only in a more and more limited capacity.  Obviously, he can't change his own diaper (though he gets out of them easily enough!) or make his own meals or pour his own cup full of beverage.  But he's not a hardship overall.

I'm not going to worry about posting.  I am also going to turn off comments for a while, as well.  I can't keep up and sort out what can stay and so I'll just turn off that feature for a few days.

No comments: