The Homemaker Plans Her Week: Continuing On

 


In my home this week, we are continuing forward.  On Friday, just before supper, Little One took himself off to the bathroom and got on the potty by himself.  He removed his diaper and sat down.  Then he proceeded to fill the bowl with toilet paper so he could 'fush it' as he told me.  So, we'll just remove toilet paper now.  I've no idea if he actually went in time or if he simply wanted to pretend that he could.  I admire the self-confidence though that helped him to go on his own.

I am feeling a little bit better.  Truly.  Finally.  The Little One's mama also is feeling better finally.  And so far, only we two seem to have been affected by this cold. Neither John nor Little One have been affected in the least.  I'm grateful for that.  I can't imagine having to nurse a sick little boy and a sick man while feeling poorly myself!


This week we've two more birthdays, Valentine's Day and an evening out.  I think I'm going to make a simple Cherry Cake for Valentines and then decorate it.  I'll do one layer for our household and one for the house across the field.  It's inexpensive and something very suited to the holiday all at once.

Work:



Potty Training and meals and basic housework seems quite enough to plan into this week.  Forget zone work and all that requires attention.  I'll do as I've done for weeks past.  I'll just do whatever task presents itself at the time and do what I can.  It's served me well enough so far.

I'm going to start cutting down on portion sizes.   I'd wager I've put on five in the past two months.  My clothes fit but are a teensy bit snug. Time to nip this in the bud!

Find the piece I wrote ages ago about dear old James from the nursing home.  I'm part of the Creatives Team personal entertainment this week and was asked to share some of my blog work. I don't share the money saving bits but I do share some of the personal pieces I've written about nursing home patients or spiritual revelations, etc.  

Kitchen:  



Get to the grocery store.  I need to go, and I need to make John go as well as I cannot handle Little One and a cart full of groceries, too.  I need a real proper grocery shop, for sure.  The pantry is starting to look quite thin and if we date this back, I kept Little One most of summer, fall, and now for winter and my life has been so tied up with keeping him that I can't seem to do the normal things like shopping on a routine basis instead of just wherever we cram it for the moment.

DONE!  I don't care for going by after church but since I needed to fill a prescription or two anyway, it seemed best to do this while I was there.  I hav however told John I very much need a routine day that isn't on the weekend.

Meals:



Mississippi Roast Sandwiches, Chips

Pork Chops and Sauerkraut, Pan Fried Apples, Stuffing

Cheeseburgers, Toppings platter, Home Fries

Chef's Salads, Tomato Soup

Ham, Eggs, Hash browns, Maple Nut Scones.  I just bought a half ham, semi boneless, which I cut into my own boneless smaller hams.  I have four hams now.  This was $1.99 a pound and I'll use the boney piece to make ham and bean soup one day.

 Spaghetti, Salad, Breadsticks

Vegetable Soup, Cornbread.  This is going to be composed of leftovers and odd bits I have from throughout the week, a sort of use it up dish.  I find that often enough, this works out quite well for soup.

Personal/Leisure:



Read.

Pull wardrobe items to wear.

Do something 'extra' for Valentine's Day.  Perhaps just a cute meal etc.  And not really for me, but a reminder to John that I want my usual post Valentine's Day box of candy.

4 comments:

Carole said...

Probably you've thought about this and there's some reason you can't do it. Why don't you leave the little one home with John and then get your groceries alone and without interference. That's what I did eons ago when my children were small. One thing to remember is all children eventually become toilet trained and most without underlying health issues, calm down enough to enter kindergarten and make their way through school.

Donna said...

Judging from Little One's filling his toilet bowl with paper, he does imitate behavior he observes. One of these days he will decided that he'd rather use his potty. I thought my youngest would never be toilet trained.

Enjoy your Valentine's Day!

Practical Parsimony said...

I left a long comment on the post about toilet training and my child and anxiety.

terricheney said...

Carole, John is very private when it comes to 'business'. He is helpful in trying to help Caleb but he's not going to be an example I'm afraid.

Donna, most helpful thing to date was my son's telling me that Little Miss across the field who was almost fully trained suddenly decided she'd done with the whole potty thing and refuses to go. Whew! I thought it was just me doing something wrong, lol.

Practical P, I'll keep looking for it. I haven't seen it yet. A few comments are not publishing at all just now. I guess google settings have changed. I'm going through now trying to catch those that obviously haven't posted but are showing on the blog files as being in.

Thrifty Thursday: Just Keep Right On