This Week In My Home: Format Change





I decided this past week, while I was still recovering, that I'd like to change up the format a little bit. So the title of this post each week will simply be "This Week In My Home".  I'll divide the post into meals, jobs, plans (not work but appointments, etc) and play.

I did very slightly better in using planned menus this week, but not as well as I ought.  This was partly due to creatively using leftovers and partly due to a sandwich we bought for our lunch that proved so hefty it served us supper as well.  My appetite is off.  I get plenty hungry and then I want something to eat nearly immediately but I could have cared less about making meals overall, so that too threw me off.  However, I am feeling better and mean to get back on the better path of making and following menu plans.

I've just been over at A Tray of Bliss to read this post  on menu planning.  I love the format she's used for her form and that it has a separate block solely for prepping for the next day.  Love that bit of time savings she plans into her day.  I was duly impressed, and I'd say I've pretty much seen every form of planner/planning available out there over my years as a homemaker.  This is just genius as far as I'm concerned, right up there with planning twice a week (to insure you use up all the leftovers).

So here we go with our new version of "This Week In My Home"...



I Plan Meals:


Roast Beef, Rosemary roasted potatoes, Green Beans with Mushrooms, Apple Waldorf Salad

Philly Cheese steak Sandwich, Butternut Soup, Grapes

on my own (variety of leftovers from freezer)

Oven Fried Chicken, Black Eyed Peas, Mashed Rutabaga,  Fruit Salad

out with Mama

Kielbasa with Cabbage and Potatoes, Baked Apples, Corn Muffins

Burgers, Oven Fries, Green Salad, Pudding Cups

Special Breakfast:  Pumpkin Muffins, Sausage Omelet Muffins, Fruit Salad


I Plan Jobs:




All jobs I'll do this week are not listed.  These are over and above the usual routine tasks.
Get guest room freshened up once more.

Mop Kitchen and baths.

Plan Thanksgiving Meal...Plan shopping for meal.

Do a trial run of my Thanksgiving table setting.

Get Christmas stock tagged and ready to place in booth this week.

Get unnecessary items moved from guest room out to shed.

Get a book review done for online site.

I Plan Fun




We've been talking for a couple of weeks of having a picnic somewhere.  No clue where at the moment but weather is suitable and I think we're both feeling a bit antsy to do something fun.  We'll discuss it the early part of this week and make our plans while we have no pending appointments.  If we do this I'll replan a menu for this week to be more picnic friendly.

4 comments:

Mimi said...

Hi Terri. I can't believe I haven't found your blog before. Thanks for the little mention. I love that you plan things other than your menu too. We do that as well. Picnics are a glorious thing. I hope you enjoy yours. Mimi xxx

Rhonda said...

Good morning Terri, those really bad colds are just a bear to get all the way recovered from. I'm so sorry you've been so sick.

Lana said...

I think picnic weather is past here. But, this crazy weather pattern we are in could surprise us. A few years ago we were at the lake house in February and had an odd warm day and actually had breakfast out on the deck!

I have my menus planned through Thanksgiving so that I do not have to think too much about it. There is an awful lot to do before and I have tendency to just do nothing for days and then attack it all at once.

Saturday night we volunteered at the little concert hall near the lake house and took in some free bluegrass music since we volunteered and saved $28 on tickets. A local pizza shop donated food for after and few people stayed so we came home with a whole pizza. Yesterday we went out for lunch with a BOGO coupon and one of our pastors and family were there. Our waitress came to the table and said that someone had paid for our lunch. Well we knew who it was! It is hard for me to be on the receiving end of something like that. We went by their table on the way out to say thank you and he really thought we did not know who had paid. Such a dear young man.

This week we have more plumbing repairs to be done. What was done last time reduced the problem but it is not resolved. We hear water dripping over the cabinets in the kitchen. I am hoping that they do not have to demolish the kitchen too much to fix it, especially before the holidays.

Sew Blessed Maw [Judy] said...

Picnic sounds nice.. Hope you two have fun.
Love your new planning. Easy to read and so much wonderful info.
Have a blessed week. and hope you both are feeling better soon.