Gathering Fragments: What I've Planned for This Week



I don't have a lot of leftovers in the fridge at the moment .   That is a good thing!  It doesn't mean I haven't any bits and pieces that I can't use, though.   I'm not going to over do it this week.  Using fragments requires a more time and energy than I've got to spare at present, but I'll get a little bit done.  

As well, I was gifted a sample half bag of produce from a local farm that is selling produce bags.  I have green beans, a cucumber, squash and zucchini, a tomato and the prettiest spinach I have ever seen.  I'll be incorporating those into meals this week as well.

In the fridge:  Roast beef from weekend meals, along with a bit of broth.  Produce bag items and some chopped tomato left from the weekend.
From the cupboards: a bag of crumbled chips, a combination of ends of bags that were too crumbly to bother eating  and a bottle of Oriental Dressing.  I don't even remember buying that!
From the fruit bowl:  one last peach at perfect ripeness
From the pantry: a chocolate cake mix that has expired.
From the big freezer: a bag of tangerine and orange segments; a 2 serving size portion of broccoli and cheddar rice casserole

Here's my plan for these items:
The Roast Beef will turn into two meals.  I'll make roast beef hash for supper one night using about half the beef and all the broth.  I think I'll serve with a big salad (cucumber, lettuce, tomato) and green peas.

For meal #2 I'll make a sort of oriental wrap with green onions, shredded carrots, a little finely shredded spinach, and some of the oriental dressing.  I'll serve an ambrosia with this, which will use up the tangerines/oranges from the freezer.

I'll use the peach to make peach pancakes for breakfast.  This is a summer time favorite and I usually serve them with a sprinkling of cinnamon sugar and a dollop of yogurt for myself.  John will eat them with syrup. Done...These were delicious and made enough to put 8 in the freezer so two more breakfasts from these.

I'll use the crumbled chips to make Deviled Chicken legs with a crispy crust instead of bread crumbs as the recipe calls for.  I'll serve this with squash and onions, Coleslaw.

I'll make up meatloaves in muffin tins.  I'll use shredded carrot, zucchini and onion as well as the rest of the potato chips and a small amount of tomato sauce to make the meatloaves.  I'll serve this with the broccoli rice casserole and Green Beans.

I'll save the cake mix to make later in the week but I thought this recipe for an Almond Joy cake sounded rather good.  I'll likely make it in two pans so I can freeze one.   It's so hot this week that I'll have to make it super early one morning or change plans and do something different.

7 comments:

Louise said...

Here is a link to chocolate lava cake in the crockpot: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/slow-cooker-chocolate-lava-cake/print/

Liz from New York said...

Now that I’m up and around better, I did a fridge clean out. All I can say is that it was pretty scary. Mostly everything in there was shoved in the back and looked like a science lab. Dressing I the door expired 10/19! I dragged the garbage pail over and just started tossing, recycling be damned. I’m usually fanatical about recycling plastics and such, because I hate the idea of it going in the landfill, but I just can’t sometimes. I wiped down a best as I could, but have to wait til the arm works again, and then I’ll pull out the shelves and bins and scrub them in the yard with soap and the hose. Finally off the pain meds and weaned to Tylenol so I’m not so foggy headed and sleepy. Feeling much more motivated now, so now I play catch up. BTW, that blueberry coffee is the bomb, you were right! Best, Liz

terricheney said...

Thank you Weezie! I've bookmarked that...

Liz, sometimes I agree, it's best to just toss the gross plastic. One reason why I now have mostly glass jars, lol. I do at least feel the odor comes out of them when put in the dishwasher.
I'm so happy you are enjoying the coffee! It's my Saturday morning treat when I don't have to hurry through my cup...

Rhonda said...

Just stopping by to say Hi and see what you’re up to.

All fine here, just busy.

Anonymous said...

What is your recipe for peach pancakes? Sounds like something my grandson, Sam, and I would enjoy. Penny S.

Louise said...

I was watching Mornings with Granny ( a You Tube channel) and she recommended Frugal Money Saver and I checked it out and really enjoy it
.. Here is the intro and link to their channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2omhn4hDQ6oO5B_lNX_NcQ

Welcome! My name is Emmy and my husband is Paul. We are so happy you stopped by. We are an early retirement couple that lives frugally (simple and plain and costing little!) Our channel shares the secrets of our journey and and the simple ways we spend less to have more! We are super excited to teach you how to spend your money on what YOU want to spend it on...NOT what society says to! All our frugal tricks, tips, and hacks will be revealed! Living debt free and enjoying life is an easy journey when you focus on daily positive spending accomplishments!

terricheney said...

Penny, I just add diced fresh peach to my usual pancake batter. Nothing extra needed.

Louise,Thank you for sharing that link. I'll check it out!

Rhonda, It's good to know you're busy and not MIA...So happy to hear from you.