In My Home This Week: Christmas Time is Near

 



In my home this week, we are pretty much done with the holiday as far as family is concerned.  Our Christmas Day will be fairly quiet but that is ahead yet.   This week shall be a lot less hectic and a whole lot more relaxed.  I don't plan to work too hard at all this week.  In fact, I'm going to just cool my jets and I mean it. 


Work:



Not much, seriously, not much.  It will be enough to keep up with routine meals and cleaning.  For the rest of the time, I plan to work on New Year resolutions and January goals.   And that's about it.

Oh yes, I do want to go shopping for my Christmas dinner components.  I need to plan that menu

Kitchen:



I've promised to make a carrot cake.  That will be easy enough.  The hardest part is grating four cups of carrots.  I don't think I'll make any more cookies, though I might let the boys decorate and bake a few.  I have some of the cookie dough frozen from last week.  We will see how crazy that morning is.  I might well just treat them to hot cocoa with their choice of sprinkles.   It was a huge hit with Hailey, Zach and Daniel and even JD thought it a treat.

I didn't have a lot of leftovers, but I want to sort those out. 

Meals:    



Chicken Wild Rice Casserole, Green Beans, Salad

Pizza, Salad

BBQed Chicken, Cheesy Mashed Potatoes, Peas

Stuffed Sloppy Joe Biscuits, Coleslaw, Oven Fries

Baked Potato Bar, Salad

Italian Pepper Steak, Rice

Tacos, Corn, Black Beans

Leisure/Personal:



Read.

Dream about the year ahead.

Rest.






3 comments:

Deanna said...

Sounds like a good plan. Merry Christmas and Joyeux Noel!
d

Lana said...

Funny how adult children can be charmed by things like sprinkles! We are on deck now with our middle son's family arriving on Tuesday and here through Christmas breakfast. We are just going to do the best we can and leave it at that.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas dear Terri, John and family. Thank you for your kindness of this blog. God bless you and yours and all the good souls/ kindred spirits who visit here. We are truly blessed.
Much Love,
Tracey
x0x