The Week Ahead: Double Time




I'm going to skip the room reviews until the end of the year.   

In my home this week, I'm going to be busy, busy.  I was thrown off my preparation plans for the Family Day last week and this week will be hectic as can be as I try to get things ready.  I have gifts to wrap, cards to finish addressing, decorations to finish, cookies to bake, food to prepare and Caleb to keep all week long, as well.   It's going to be a busy week.  


My philosophy this week is Keep It Simple.  Simple tree, simple wrappings, simple decor, simple food. Simply get it done and get all the rest I can at the end of each busy day.

And how busy are things in your home this week?

Work this week:

It seems rather pointless to remind myself of what I haven't done yet.  No December goals, no wardrobe set and quite a few other things I'd thought I might get done three weeks ago when I was looking at December.

Pfft!  It's down to what must be done this week.  That includes all the things I mentioned in the opening paragraph:

Finish addressing and mail Christmas cards. If I can find another box.  Katie looked on Friday and refused to buy them at $15 a box.  I'm glad she did.  I'll run by the grocery where I got the last box and see if they have any left.  At $8 they were a bit more affordable.

The tree is decorated, but I haven't done anything else.  I'd like to do something to the mantel and the buffet.  I have nothing at all on the front door.  I kept thinking I'd make a wreath.   

Wrap presents.

Bake cookies.

Prep what food I can ahead.  Temptation is to make something new we haven't had before but I'm truly looking at what can be done sensibly and simply and if I find I have time to try to make anything more, I will.

Kitchen:

My plan for the menu for Family Day so far:  Sausage Balls, Cheese Wafers, Marinated Ham and Cheese Sandwiches, Marinated Turkey and Cheese sandwiches, a variety of chips and dips, veggie platter with choice of Ranch or Hummus.   Bess has offered to bring another dip and a fruit platter.  Katie is bringing deviled eggs and a cheese ball with crackers.   I'll ask JD to provide drinks for us all.  I figure he can grab 2 litre bottles on his way here.

I'm not going to go overboard with cookies either.  Katie and Sam want a coconut raspberry thumbprint cookie.  I'll make Stove top Oatmeal cookies which are John's favorite.  Magic cookie bars for myself and Chocolate chip cookies for JD.   The children only want cookies, they could care less which ones they eat.

I need to make a plan for supper on Saturday.  I've noted that my visiting family is unlikely to eat leftovers of any sort.  I could make pizzas easily enough, but I'll definitely make more than two if everyone is staying.  But all of that is for Saturday of next week and I've this week to plan for.

Suppers:  Not sure what we'll do for this Saturday night.  We have an event to attend this evening and we're supposed to arrive early enough to see all the displays beforehand.  That means leaving early.

Turkey Noodle Soup

Roast Chicken, Butternut Squash, Potatoes, Apples, Carrots

Salisbury Steak, Mashed Potatoes, Broccoli (this entree brought over from last week.  I had leftovers.)

Spaghetti a la Diable, Salad (made with leftover chicken)

Chicken a la King over Rice, Green Peas, Ambrosia

Pot Roast with Vegetables, Corn Muffins

Personal and Leisure:  

I gave myself a fresh pedicure and manicure on Saturday of this week.  I'll try to do a new manicure along about Friday.

Continue with my plan to wash my face 2xs a day and moisturize.

And to put on light makeup daily to encourage the face washing.

Read.   

Remember to take time to sit and rest each day.

Remember to Keep It Simple.

2 comments:

Shirley in Washington said...

Your family party day menu sounds great! I hope all goes well. When you are all together how many people do you plan on feeding? We are planning on 21 people here on Christmas Day and I am mulling over different menu plans in my head. I am praying for you this week, that you accomplish what you need to but also find moments of Holiday joy. And that your family party is full of special memories. Blessings, Shirley

terricheney said...

I have a tentative plan...Now to see if we actually can get it, lol!