Spring Wardrobe/Part 1



I snickered as I wrote the title.  Spring wardrobe indeed.  At present it's probably also going to also be my summer wardrobe and some of these pieces you'll also see in fall or winter.

Even though I keep pieces a long time, I do try to keep them fresh in some manner either by changing up accessories or alternating what I wear the tops with.  As I've shared, I think I'm finished with Stitch Fix, at least for a time.  It was nice to have some fresh pieces and to see how someone else might pair things or style me, but I've missed shopping for myself.  I think now I'll be a little more open to paying more for pieces and less prone to just settle for whatever is on sale and then attempt to fit it into the wardrobe.  


Anyway, here are several outfits set up with accessories.  Hope you enjoy.



This blue and white stripe blouse is one of those that I don't wear as much as I'd like.  It's nice if it's a wee bit cool, but if it's hot, this shirt makes me sweat heavily.  It's a lovely blouse, with three quarter sleeves and bows tied at the cuffs.   I've paired it here with a wood and navy bead necklace.  I have shown two pairs of earrings here, one that actually matches the necklace and a second pair that is also wood.  I love to pair this outfit with a brown leather pair of sandals and a faux leather brown purse.  If I need a sweater on a cooler day, I have a new navy waffle weave that is super light, but it keeps me plenty warm.

I can also pair this shirt with my white jeans.  I haven't shown that as an option but when I wear this with white jeans, I pair it with a faux freshwater pearl and gold necklace.  I'd wear it with my white sneaks, but I really want to look for white sandals this year.




Katie gave me this cotton embroidered top a few weeks ago.  It didn't fit her shoulders and since mine are narrower, she brought it out for me to try.  I'm thrilled to have something that isn't olive green or navy, two colors that dominate my closet at present.  

I've paired the top here with blue jeans and a fun pair of earrings.  I have some chambray-colored Sperry boat shoes that I think will go nicely with this.  

It occurred to me that I could also pair this with my white jeans and white sneaks.   I'm not sure what jewelry I might use with it.  Of course, the earrings would work with the second outfit as well.   Truth told I don't have a lot of jewelry at the moment that goes well with red.  This shirt has such a pretty embroidered detail on the neckline and placket that I hesitate to put a heavy necklace on with it.   If it is cooler, I'd wear my denim jacket with this.




I've had this top for three years now.  I got it from Christopher banks.  The blouse has browns, rusts, khaki, gray and olive greens in the floral pattern.  I've paired it here with my pale khaki pants and a new rust colored sweater.  I've used this necklace with this in the past.  I love it with this particular top.

Fun note: this is the top I was wearing when I 'lost' John in St. Augustine.  I'd shown him the top that morning, my first time wearing it and asked, "Do you like it?" and he's said, "You look nice."  Later however, he admitted he'd paid no attention to what I was wearing so he couldn't have described me to anyone if we hadn't found each other!





Here I've picked a white sleeveless top with an all-over appliqued dot detail and paired it with a kimono with lovely colors on a navy background.  Both top and kimono are Stitch Fix pieces.  I've never paired these two tops nor these two bottoms with this before and I don't know why I haven't!  I love it!

I've laid out my pale khaki pants, my white jeans and three possible necklaces to wear.  The blue/green/gold is a maybe but the other two I'll for sure wear with these outfits.   The middle necklace is also a Christopher Banks purchase that I picked up at the same time as the top in the previous picture.  



Another new top.   This and the rust sweater above both came in my last Stitch Fix. 

This blouse is light and breezy.  I'd chosen it from Stitch Fix pre-view because it looked khaki online, but you can clearly see it's olive here.  I paired it with my olive pants.   I really want to play about with this top and see how it goes with my blue jeans, but I haven't done it yet.  I know it looks nice with these pants, so I went for the tried and true in setting up the outfit.  

I picked out two necklaces to pair with this outfit.  One has olives, jade greens, amber and dark brown glass beads.  The second has blues and greens and includes a soft olive color.    I've also given myself the option of a pretty resin bracelet and earring set in olive, wood and ivory.

As you can see, I have several options for wearing most of these outfits in multiples or ways and I think that will see me through April just fine.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

for the pretty red top a simple gold or silver chain as a necklace would be great. Pauline

MamaHen said...

I like all your selections. Very pretty.

Anne said...

I agree with "unknown". Same for earrings, gold or silver.

Donna said...

Very pretty stylings! It's always helpful to see another lady's outfits for ideas on how to combine pieces in your own closet. It's the time of year to switch out the winter clothes for warmer weather wear.

Unknown said...

I think all of these are beautiful.

terricheney said...

Great advice for the red top! I'll keep that in mind. Thank you all who suggested that.

I have worn all of these except for the rust sweater and floral top. I paired the dark blue kimono, white shirt and khaki pants with the blue/green/khaki/white necklace and felt so nice in that outfit the day I wore it. I decided it was a bit more dressy look for me and will wear that again soon.

The blue and white striped shirt and jeans with the wood bead necklace is something I've done many times in the past. I need to switch that one up somehow. The shirt is so comfortable but it's incredibly warm when the weather heats up so I won't wear it much longer and then it will wait until early fall to reappear unless I wear it open over another shirt.

The other outfit that felt super nice was the olive print top, with the iridescent looking necklace and blue jeans. I felt so chic and actually got a compliment from a very nicely dressed younger girl who said "I noticed you as soon as you walked in! That's just really nice!" I take the compliments of younger girls quite to heart, lol. They are very critical judges!

I wore the red shirt and jeans with simple gold earrings and bangles, not the flashier earrings I showed. It's a super comfortable shirt. I liked wearing red after not having worn it for so long.

Tammy said...

I love your outfit posts and how you're really thoughtful about the jewelry you put with each to change the looks.

I did chuckle about John admitting that he never really looked at your new blouse when he said you looked nice. Men. Lol.

May 2024 Goals