Weekly Menu: Breakfast and Dinner
Do I appear a day late today? Well I am. We've pushed hard all week long, ever since John got off last Wednesday. We've had errands and shopping and company galore and then we started painting our master bath yesterday...This morning, after we awoke at 9am, we realized that we might just be tired and the day is unfolding in a very leisurely way. We talked and chatted until 10 in bed, then had coffee, showers, a light breakfast of bagels (for John and Poptarts for me). I put a frozen (homemade) entree in the crock pot for our dinner, listened to John rock the house with Praise music, did my Bible study...We're calling this our week 'end' quite literally and treating it as such because tomorrow we're right back to work as usual!
Last week I planned menus for breakfasts only. I was soooo bored with our morning time fare and since breakfast is typically our second largest meal of the day I wanted more variety. Nothing has changed this week either. I'll be posting breakfast and dinner menus together. As for our suppers: they are usually simple sandwiches, perhaps fruit and cheese or crackers. Supper in our home is the lightest meal of the day. It suits us very well as John hates to go to work with a heavy meal on his stomach and I usually get busy in the evening after he leaves and forget to eat. I don't want a heavy meal prior to bedtime, just something to tide me over through the night.
I'm not going to list the days of the week. And I'll likely mix and match as I choose.
Breakfasts: 1. Bagels and cream cheese, Pop-tarts, Coffee
2. Sausage and Hash-brown Casserole, Blueberry Streusel Muffins, Orange juice
3. Bacon and Egg English Muffins, Clementines
4. Goat Cheese and Chives Omelet, Sliced Tomatoes, Buttered Toast, Orange Juice
5. Apple Pancakes, Smoked Beef Sausage, Maple Syrup, Orange Juice
6. Fried Eggs, Grits, Biscuits, Grape Juice
7. French Toast with Nectarine Topping, Turkey Bacon, Orange Juice
Dinners: 1. Stuffed Bell Peppers, Coleslaw, Lima Beans, Corn bread
2. Cubed Steak Sandwiches with Lettuce and Tomato, Sweet Potato Fries
3. Turkey Polska Kielbasa, Steamed Cabbage, Pierogi (homemade from wonton wrappers and leftover mashed potatoes)
4. Red Beans and Rice, Tossed Salad, Corn bread
5. Almond Chicken, Rice, Steamed Broccoli, Clementines
6. Vegetable Soup, Toasted Pimento and Cheese Sandwiches, Baked Apples
7. Tuna Noodle Casserole, Lettuce and Tomato Salad, Green Beans
July 7, Shabat Saturday: So very much I want to chatter over today and perhaps I will...I don't typically write on Shabat, having al...
Saturday: John and I slept in a little late then lazed about the house. This is our Shabat and we take the 'rest' part of the da...
Saturday: Katie texted that she'd be down to visit today and I wracked my brain trying to decide what to have for dinner. I took ...
I was sitting in my room yesterday morning, listening to praise music with my ear plugs in to drown out the screeches and yells and s...