This Week's Meal Plan - Gobbleish







I came to a conclusion this weekend: a whole turkey is an awful lot of turkey for just two.  Next year I mean to have my turkey on Thanksgiving Day regardless of who has planned to claim the day.  I mean to have my feast on the feast day and if it's the second time I eat or the first, it will be just as tasty.

I am recovering well from the flu.  IF I stop pretending I don't feel a little weak and keep pushing myself to do just two or three things more.  John has been a wonderful help, doing the bulk of the meal planning and such this past week, but I roused myself Saturday and cooked Thanksgiving dinner for two.  I kept the menu simple, no need of four sides and two salads and three desserts for just the two of us.  I made Turkey, stuffing, Mashed potatoes, Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Gravy, Cranberry Sauce, Pumpkin Pie.  I put a pie, half a turkey breast, stuffing and a prepared entree of turkey and stuffing in the freezer.  We still have plenty for turkey salad sandwiches, plus two quarts of broth from the carcass and another cup or more of meat bits.  John's mentioned having numerous favorite turkey dishes.  For my part, I'm starting to feel gobble-ish.



Leftover Turkey, Stuffing, Gravy, Cranberry sauce, Potatoes and Pie

Chuck Roast with Root Vegetables, Green Beans, Pear Salad

Polska Kielbasa, Steamed Cabbage, Cheesy Potatoes, Baked Apples

Tamale Pie,  Orange and Onion Salad, Chocolate Pudding

Sweet and Spicy Chicken Wings, Coleslaw, Baked Sweet Potatoes, Mayo Muffins

Macaroni and Cheese, Broccoli,  Apple, Walnut and Lettuce Salad, Gingerbread

Philly Cheese Steak Burger Pizza, Green Salad  

 

2 comments:

Karla said...

I would love to have the Philly Cheese Steak Pizza recipe!

Karla said...

The pizza recipe sounds good! Where did you find that one?