A New Fall Wreath
I put this wreath together early last week. It was quick and easy.
The base is a straw wreath I picked up at the thrift store. I wrapped it using the wide burlap ribbon you buy in the fabric department at Hobby Lobby. I picked up two rolls last year for $4.99 each...I'm warning you all that it's increased to $5.99 this year, because I bought another roll this year.
I sewed the end piece down and bound the florals and leaves to the wreath using a needle and thread. In the past I've used glue or glue dots and it tends to turn loose in our sometimes too warm, sometimes cold weather. I wanted this to hold together for at least two or three seasons.
I bought fresh picks. I have plenty of the autumn leaves and mums left to use in other places. The little black eyed Susan flowers were all used here.
Total cost for my wreath was about $12, but there's nothing here that can't be used again (and again and again, knowing my frugal ways). I noted the cost of the thrift store straw wreath was about $3 and honestly, you can buy brand new ones for that, as I discovered when I priced them at Hobby Lobby. Our Goodwill stores have gotten a little pricey on things, sigh. I just assumed it was a great buy. Nope.
This wreath hangs on the back door right now. I'm pretty happy with it and especially like the mix of green leaves added in here and there. It suits the season at present which is definitely a mix of autumn and late summer.