Diary of a Homemaker's Week: Starting at the End


Friday:  It's just minutes prior to Shabat and I've just finished up the planning post for next week's lot of work.  As always, I'm both looking forward to Sabbath rest and excited by my plans for the week ahead.  

The boys and I went to the library this afternoon.  It's so stinking hot and even though they bring along their water bottles, I feel duty bound to get them a cold drink after we've come back out into the heat.  Even with the AC running on high in the car, my older model cars AC doesn't cool them off very much in the backseat.  


This week four other children came for Lego play.  I was pleased because last week's story time was poorly attended with just Josh and Millie there, though the man giving the program was excellent and might have had an audience of 100 the way he performed.  But I think Josh was pleased to see other children come in. 

I will share two photos.  One is of the Connex tower that three of the children, including Josh worked upon.  Josh is square in the middle of that photo.   The older girl joined in when the boys couldn't reach any higher and then quickly began to help them correct their structural problems.  The boys just naturally followed her leadership.



The other photo is of Isaac sitting at the feet of his pre-K teacher.  He's playing with a little girl who was rather snooty at first (amusingly so, not meanly) and Isaac pretty much just ignored the snooty part and kept engaging with her until by the time we left she was calling "Isaac!"  to him over and over again, lol.  

Isaac had been playing with the Connex toys too, until he shoved his finger in the hole on one of the connectors and got it stuck.  He went right to his teacher with it and realizing he was well and truly stuck she turned and said, "Uh...Gramma?"  I tried to help him remove it but I could see his finger was starting to swell a little. I sent him off to the bathroom to put liquid soap on his finger.  Josh and his classmate went with him to help and I heard them shout "It's off!"  After that Isaac and the little girl who was 1 grade ahead of him played together with Magnablox.  

The boys really had a grand time and the kids were totally engaged. I think perhaps both the other lady's were teachers.  We all agreed after an hour or so that it was time to clean up and go and the kids were just as happy to put everything away as they were to drag it all out.

The only other incident was that Isaac checked out a whole stack of books which he then left right at the library, never bothering to put them into his backpack as he was instructed to do.  Oh well.

Meals:  Bacon Egg and Cheese Biscuits
Soup for me, Sandwich for John
Buffalo Chicken Salads

No comments: