Menu Monday

Just want to clear up a misunderstanding...I'm not going to be taking a blogging break.  I'm going to take a break from reading the usual bevy of blogs that were on my favorites lists.  I dropped all of them this past week

And thank you all for your comments.  I was moved by them all, every one. I think I contacted nearly all of you this morning via my email, but there was one I couldn't reply to via email and that was Meg in KS...A heartfelt, teary-eyed thank you to you dear.

Monday:  Hamburgers and Hotdogs, Coleslaw, Chips

Leftovers from our cookout on Sunday.  Not so many leftovers thank goodness, but enough for a meal for the two of us, of which I am glad.

Tuesday:  3 Bean Chili, Yellow Rice, Cornbread, Salad, Baked Cinnamon Apples

I have a few leftover beans on hand and chili seems a nice way to use them up.  Lima Beans, Pork n  Beans and Black beans are what I have.

Wednesday:   Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Pasta, Green Salad, Rolls

An easy enough meal to make.  I'll dice a cooked chicken breast and steam broccoli and toss with pasta and a homemade Alfredo sauce.  Nothing to it but I'll bet it will be good!

Thursday: Quiche, Oven Fried Potatoes, Sliced tomato with basil on homegrown lettuce leaves

I like Quiche. John does too but call it anything but quiche, lol...Say the word 'Quiche' and he'll look at it hard and ask suspiciously, "What's that?  Have I had it before?  Do I like it?"  Quiche will make a great evening snack for him after work because it reheats well in the microwave.  I'll make a small quiche just enough to serve four, so there won't be tons of leftovers.

Friday:  Chililadas, Red Cabbage and Carrot Salad with Cumin Dressing, Tangerines

I know I'll have leftover chili and rice and I just bought a new packet of corn tortillas.  I'll make a casserole of enchiladas using the chili and rice as filling and some of the broth as the sauce.  I know I had two Hispanic flavored dishes on my menu last week, but neither of them got made, hence the chili and leftover makeover for today.

Saturday:  Fish Fillets, Coleslaw, Green Beans, Hushpuppies

I plan to stop on my way home and pick up the fish fillets and hushpuppies.  I'll make the coleslaw and beans here at home.

Sunday:  Stuffed Peppers, Rice, Baby Lima Beans, Banana Bread Cobbler

There was a good sale on bell peppers last week at the local store.  Well worth stocking up, so I bought enough to chop for the freezer and have a meal of stuffed peppers.  The recipe for the dessert is a new one.  I'll let you know how that tastes.




2 comments:

MeginKS said...

Terri, I was so excited to see you mention my comment in your last blog entry. You made my day. We had our first snow last night and received about 2 inches. I guess winter is here! Question- have you ever had Panera Bread's potato soup? My son loves it and thinks I should try to figure out the flavor in it. Since it is cold here now, I am looking for inspiration. Do you or your readers have any ideas? Thanks, MeginKS

Anonymous said...

Check out http://www.lynnskitchenadventures.com/
She has a homemade version of Panera's potato soup and lots of other great recipes.

Laura

Coffee Chat: Rainy Days and Mondays

Hello loves.  Hurry in out of the rain.  We'll try to time our chatter so at you can dash out when the rain lets up once again. Stan...