Menu Monday

Just want to clear up a misunderstanding...I'm not going to be taking a blogging break.  I'm going to take a break from reading the usual bevy of blogs that were on my favorites lists.  I dropped all of them this past week

And thank you all for your comments.  I was moved by them all, every one. I think I contacted nearly all of you this morning via my email, but there was one I couldn't reply to via email and that was Meg in KS...A heartfelt, teary-eyed thank you to you dear.


Monday:  Hamburgers and Hotdogs, Coleslaw, Chips

Leftovers from our cookout on Sunday.  Not so many leftovers thank goodness, but enough for a meal for the two of us, of which I am glad.

Tuesday:  3 Bean Chili, Yellow Rice, Cornbread, Salad, Baked Cinnamon Apples

I have a few leftover beans on hand and chili seems a nice way to use them up.  Lima Beans, Pork n  Beans and Black beans are what I have.

Wednesday:   Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Pasta, Green Salad, Rolls

An easy enough meal to make.  I'll dice a cooked chicken breast and steam broccoli and toss with pasta and a homemade Alfredo sauce.  Nothing to it but I'll bet it will be good!

Thursday: Quiche, Oven Fried Potatoes, Sliced tomato with basil on homegrown lettuce leaves

I like Quiche. John does too but call it anything but quiche, lol...Say the word 'Quiche' and he'll look at it hard and ask suspiciously, "What's that?  Have I had it before?  Do I like it?"  Quiche will make a great evening snack for him after work because it reheats well in the microwave.  I'll make a small quiche just enough to serve four, so there won't be tons of leftovers.

Friday:  Chililadas, Red Cabbage and Carrot Salad with Cumin Dressing, Tangerines

I know I'll have leftover chili and rice and I just bought a new packet of corn tortillas.  I'll make a casserole of enchiladas using the chili and rice as filling and some of the broth as the sauce.  I know I had two Hispanic flavored dishes on my menu last week, but neither of them got made, hence the chili and leftover makeover for today.

Saturday:  Fish Fillets, Coleslaw, Green Beans, Hushpuppies

I plan to stop on my way home and pick up the fish fillets and hushpuppies.  I'll make the coleslaw and beans here at home.

Sunday:  Stuffed Peppers, Rice, Baby Lima Beans, Banana Bread Cobbler

There was a good sale on bell peppers last week at the local store.  Well worth stocking up, so I bought enough to chop for the freezer and have a meal of stuffed peppers.  The recipe for the dessert is a new one.  I'll let you know how that tastes.




2 comments:

MeginKS said...

Terri, I was so excited to see you mention my comment in your last blog entry. You made my day. We had our first snow last night and received about 2 inches. I guess winter is here! Question- have you ever had Panera Bread's potato soup? My son loves it and thinks I should try to figure out the flavor in it. Since it is cold here now, I am looking for inspiration. Do you or your readers have any ideas? Thanks, MeginKS

Anonymous said...

Check out http://www.lynnskitchenadventures.com/
She has a homemade version of Panera's potato soup and lots of other great recipes.

Laura