Menu Monday - Just Before Wednesday?

     

Yes, I know.  I can't even say better late than never, because quite honestly sometimes late is just late and never would have been just as well, right?

It's week one of the Pantry Freezer Challenge and what have I done for meals?  Eaten leftovers.  Yep, I've been eating from the fridge.  I'll share in a moment.

I spent all day yesterday doing everything except thinking about food.  Today I thought and thought about it, and over thought it, too.  I got so I couldn't even begin to think what I'd have.  So I'm going to wing it, and just pull ideas from my pantry/freezer.  I'm not saying this is what we'll have the rest of the week just what I've thought of tonight as I sit here with a headache and semi-hungry.



Monday:  Cream of Asparagus Soup, Pineapple/Banana/Cottage Cheese Salad with a handful of walnuts tossed atop.

Tuesday:  Corned Beef on Rye, Chips, an Orange, and one Raspberry bar

Wednesday:  Stuffed Peppers, Mashed Potatoes, Coleslaw, Corn Muffins

Thursday:  Fish Fillets, French Fries, Slaw, Lemon Pudding

Friday:  Roasted Chicken, Potato salad, rolls, Raspberry bars

Saturday:  Nachos All The Way

Sunday:  Red Beans and Rice, Corn bread, Green Salad with orange slices

Not inspired maybe but it's an attempt at doing what I should have already done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Teri, I so enjoy reading your thoughts in your blog. Thank you for yesterday's Cops and Robbers article. Very good idea to remember the day is God's, not ours, to do with as He wants. I make my list and then work through it, but many times I expect too much of myself, and I can't get it all done OR my hubby needs help on the farm, and I have to run. I can grumble about that or be glad for all I did get done...and be glad I have such a wonderful man to call my hubs. I can get sidetracked so easily going from one thing and then seeing something else that needs done and starting that. I have to stop myself. Anyway, Easter blessings to you and John! Pam