Menu Monday - Merry Month of May

Here it is, the last day of April.  It wasn't a bad month all in all and I'll review it a bit later but I've been busy so far planning ahead.  Writing out a lot of goals for the month (paint figures prominently, probably too prominently!) for the house and yard, personal goals.  Then too I've been busy doing yard work (nothing to show) and housework and decluttering. I think I finally found my Spring Mojo.

I also worked on planning menus yesterday.  I've just been so busy today that I haven't had time to post them.  I'm taking a breather now so I thought I'd get up to date.

Ravioli Lasagna, Green Salad, Crusty Bread, Easy Tiramisu
Frozen beef ravioli layered with sauce and cheeses will cook in the crock pot (it's already getting too warm for the oven to be on too long, ack!).  I bought a box of instant pudding just to make this dessert.  I could make it just as well with homemade pudding, but then it's less 'easy' than the name implies.

Chuck Roast with Vidalia Onions, Potato Pancakes, English Peas, Rolls, Fruit Cocktail
Mama made the best roast not too long ago and the key ingredient was onions and more onions.  I'll put the crock pot to use again with this meal.  The potato pancakes will be made from leftover mashed potatoes I froze two weeks ago.  I'll make extra English peas for salad later in the week and extra rolls for sandwiches.


Grilled Chicken, English Pea Salad, Rice with Buttered Vidalia Onions, Fruit Cocktail
Can you tell that it's Vidalia onion season?  I cook the onions in butter and a bit of powdered chicken bouillion and then serve over the rice.  English Pea Salad is a nice change from the usual: combine cooked peas, a diced boiled egg, some celery and onion, pickle relish and mayo. I'll make extra rice.

Roast Beef and Havarti Sandwiches, Corn on the Cob, Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches
Leftover beef and cheese on homemade buns, corn from the freezer (bought two weeks ago, I'll microwave).  I used homemade chocolate chip cookies and the last of the Vanilla ice cream to make sandwiches.  I wrapped and froze.


Red Beans and Rice, Coleslaw, Corn Muffins, Fruit Crisps
I keep putting this dish on the menu and then we don't have it.  However, John and I agreed that we'd eat two meatless (or low meat) meals each week and buy our meats at that really nice butcher store.  That's the swap out for getting better quality meats.  I'll just freeze any leftovers of the beans.     

Grilled Chicken Salads, Crusty Bread, Molten Lava Cake
I don't expect we'll eat both breasts from the package of meat as they are so large.  I'll save at least 1/2 if not a full breast for the salads.  Seems like we're having a lot of desserts?  I'm making everything a single serve portion, so it's just one dessert for each main meal daily.  Often we save our dessert for a snack later in the day.

Taco Pizza, Guacamole Salads, Chocolate Ice Cream
Cornmeal Crust, taco meat, cheddar cheese, jalapenos (if you're so inclined), salsa...I'll make up  a batch of guacamole.  Some to top our salad, some for me to enjoy later with chips.  

No comments: