Menu Plan Monday - Week 4 Pantry Freezer Challenge

It's the last week of my challenge and I've been wracking my brain all day long about what we'll eat this week.  It's not lack of things to make either.  It's having so much on hand I can't decide and that's still the basic pantry/freezer items being used, not the stuff bought fresh this month!

I spent the morning and part of the afternoon in the kitchen baking: Banana Chocolate Chip and Walnut Muffins, Chocolate Chip cookies, Homemade bread.

Today's dinner wasn't dinner but just plain lunch so I'll share the supper menu with you which isn't much either, lol.



Vegetable Soup, Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, Apples and Oranges
Baby, it's cold outside!  No kidding.  It's quite cool outside and I've spent my day shivering.  No need of AC today nor open windows either.  In fact, I'm going to have to a sweater!  Glad I have soup in the freezer.


Fricassee of Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans Oriental, Biscuits
I'll use the gravy packet from the turkey breast and sliced turkey to make a quick to heat entree.  Then I'll sort out the rest of that turkey breast, putting a bit in the freezer, a bit into turkey salad for work lunch and set the carcass to boil for broth along with all those saved chicken carcasses.


Cream of Asparagus Soup, Turkey Salad Plate
This seems a good option for another  cool day, though it should be less cool than today.  Easy meal for me to prepare for myself should I find I'm busy about the house.  There are times I do wish for a cook for myself.  Seems like I'm it so I'd better plan ahead for the busy days, huh?


Wine Braised Sirloin Cubes over Pasta, Green Salad, Toasted Garlic Bread
I'll use a portion of a sirloin steak that's been in the freezer for a bit too long to make the slow simmered sauce.  This recipe calls for tomatoes, mushrooms, wine and garlic.  It's a fairly simple recipe but quite tasty.


Herb Baked Chicken Breast, Wild Rice, English Pea Casserole
I keep putting English Pea Casserole on the menu and then fail to make it.  No clue why.  I really enjoy this dish.  I think I'll make a full sized recipe and just bake a portion for myself then freeze the rest for a meal later with John.

Macaroni and Cheese, Sliced Fresh Tomatoes, Steamed Broccoli
Time for a nice hearty meatless meal I think.  I can make the mac and cheese on Friday and then bake it Saturday.  And like the English pea casserole, it's a great dish for me to prepare a full recipe, set aside my portion and freeze the remainder to have later.

Tamale Pie, Coleslaw, Molten Lava Cakes
I have chili in the freezer.  I'll probably send a cup of it with John for work lunch, then put a portion in a small casserole dish for myself, top with corn muffin mix and cheese.  Molten lava cakes...I do like these little tasty treats.  I'll add cinnamon to mine today.  By the way, Mama decided to make molten lava cakes too and didn't use chocolate chips.  She used Butterscotch chips and said it was awesome.  I foresee a white chocolate molten lava attempt, too.  

No comments: