Spring Wardrobe/ Part II



Although it's rapidly warming up, I have a little leeway yet with my wardrobe.  In the past two weeks I've washed and put away the sweaters and the long-sleeved blouses made with heavier materials.  Most of what you're about to see won't be new to you.  I get more mileage from my wardrobe using my costume jewelry, shoes and other accessories to change up the look, as well as switching the pants/jeans I wear with each top.


Here's what I've put together to choose from for May:

I was very unsure when the stylist sent me this top last year that I'd get any use from it.  I've enjoyed wearing it and yes, I often forgo wearing a jacket or sweater or kimono over it simply because I don't feel as uncomfortable as I supposed I might with the sleeveless top.  It covers more than a tank top and I think that's why I find it so comfortable.

I have worn this with a pearl and gold necklace and that's always a pretty look with it.  

Then I have this necklace I bought years ago at Kohl's when it first opened in our area.  I like this look, too.

I can wear this shirt with white pants or blue jeans.  I might attempt pairing it with my khaki pants especially paired with this necklace. 

This olive green and white print blouse is pretty.   It has three quarter length sleeves and is a cotton/rayon blend that is light and comfortable to wear even on warm days.  I paired it with two different necklaces, one a green glass leaf on a heavy gold chain and the other is a pretty blue/green/khaki/pearl necklace that has a summery effect.  

I'd wear this top with white jeans just because I think it would be well suited to spring, but the blue/green necklace makes it possible to wear blue jeans with this top as well.

later note:  I wore this to church and found I wanted to stack necklaces to help fill in the vee neckline.  It was super comfortable and I felt springy without being chilled on that very cool morning.  Later when the day warmed, I was still quite comfortable.  

The next option I have is this kimono that I also used in April, along with a simple sleeveless coral top.  The two pieces go really well together.

I paired these with a tiger eye necklace that I felt picked up some of the brown tones in the kimono flowers. 


 As this is shown it can pair well with blue jeans, white, olive or khaki pants.

The same kimono with a flutter cap sleeved gold top will also work.  I'd use the blue and wood tone necklace shown with that pairing.

If it's really warm, I'd choose to wear the turquoise necklace with this simply for the interest of having something that deeply contrasts with the top.  Or I might choose this sea toned necklace.

Most likely this top would pair with blue jeans. 

This is a new tee shirt. I bought it at Walmart when I was there last.  I don't typically wear these tee-shirts long outside of home, as I find they show wear very quickly.  But when they are still brand new they generally make their way into my wardrobe for a short while.  I'm taking advantage of that to set up a simple easy outfit.

It's hard to tell with the lighting but the tee shirt is a pale peach.

Here I've used a necklace I'd bought at Christopher and Banks around Christmas time this year.  It was deeply clearance priced, which is how I generally buy my costume pieces.


I've chosen to pair this top with my khaki pants because it just seemed to suit the necklace. 

I think I could also use that coral, blue and seagreen necklace shown in the second photo of the blue and white print sleeveless top and it would go well with blue jeans or the olive green pants.

Finally, I went old school simple. I don't 'do' graphic tees as a rule.  I got this one a couple of years ago from our church and I find it looks rather nice if I roll the sleeves up a bit.  I generally keep this casual with jeans and tennis shoes, but I also like the contrast of wearing this with white pants and a pair of sandals. 

I don't generally put a necklace with this tee shirt, but I did want a pop of color. I opted for these bangles with different bright stones 

If I find I need more options this month for some reason, I'll probably pull forward one of the outfits from last month's wardrobe set.  You may see those here, if you missed that post.

5 comments:

Anne said...

Your post reminded me of one of the things I love about the warming weather and that is wearing white pants. I love that you kept mentioning wearing a top with white pants. One of my favorite looks.

Tammy said...

I have that same blue spotted top and I love it. I wore it last week to Muffins with Mom at school with the grandkids. It was a chilly morning, so a lightweight navy sweater went perfectly, and I wore my delicate sapphire necklace. Jeans and sneakers for the rest of the outfit.

This week we have a couple more school events for the kids, so I'm going to channel you and figure out today what I'm wearing tomorrow evening and Wednesday morning.

Donna said...

Cute outfits and accessories! I just now got the winter things put away.

terricheney said...

Tammy I love that top! I had my doubts but it really does fit well and is comfortable as can be.

Donna, next week we'll be in the mid 90's. Last week I needed a jacket in the mornings.

Anne, I love wearing white pants and white shirts both. I think it looks so crisp and fresh! I am old school and typically don't wear white pants in fall or winter though I see plenty of people do these days.

Karla said...

Cute outfit pairings! I always get inspiration from the posts you do about outfits.