The Homemaker Plans the Last Week of the Year

 


In my home this week, it occurs to me that I've put off as long as I might the planning of the weekend ahead.  We're having a family gathering and at the moment of this writing, I've no clue what I'm going to have to eat.  Since roughly 6 meals will likely be wanted and there shall be at least 8 children and upwards of 6 adults in the house it would be worthwhile to get busy with the planning and gathering of foods.  Yet here I am with no idea.

I don't think I have ever been so unprepared for a big weekend in my home. 


At least the weather will be warmer if wet.  The kids will go nuts confined to the house.  Oh well.  We shall do the best we can.

Work:  



For the last week of this year, my work plans are simple.  I'm going to try to keep abreast of the daily housework.  Not going to push hard to write or do anything else.

Get food plans in place for New Year's weekend set and then go purchase what is needed.

And that's all the plans I'm making!

Kitchen:  



Just to ease my own passage this week I'll plan all three daily meals.  It just goes so much more smoothly if I know what we're going to eat and do a little prep work ahead if I can.  

Meals:


Breakfasts:  Bagels/Toast

Sausage Balls, Orange Danish

French Toast, Fried Spam

Steak Biscuits

Cereal, Toast

Pancakes or Waffles, Spam

Peanut Butter toast, Bananas

Lunches: Toasted Cheese/Peanut Butter Sandwiches

Chicken Salad Sandwiches

15 Bean Soup

Mac n Cheese, Vienna Sausages

Leftovers

Sloppy Joes, chips

Leftovers

Suppers:  Leftovers from our lunch out

Ribs, Dressing, Potato Salad

Roast Chicken, Roasted Cauliflower, Oriental Beans

Mongolian Noodles, Broccoli, Fruit Salad

Chicken Pot Pie, Corn, Pear Salad

Black Beans and Rice, Pico de Gallo, Green Salad, Tortillas

Pizza, Salad

Personal/Leisure:

Never did work on that year-end review. I also haven't made any resolutions for the year ahead, but I think it worthwhile to at least try to gather my thoughts about the year ahead.  Since I plan to let writing take a back seat this week, perhaps I'll have enough brain matter to spare to consider the year ahead.

Read.

Journal.

Relax.



5 comments:

Anne said...

Is it my imagination, or does the lady in the first picture look pretty unhappy with her gift?

terricheney said...

Anne, she definitely doesn't look happy. I just was struck by her attitude and felt it mirrored mine over the past few weeks, lol so I used it. But all the other pictures are happy to balance it out.

Tammy said...

Sending good wishes for a wonderful family-filled weekend next week. Don't forget to ask for help if you need it, and it's great that you're taking some time for yourself. Sometimes when we have a large group here, I say I'm going to the bathroom, and just go spend 5 minutes alone in my bedroom. One time I did that, though, and fell asleep. Like asleep asleep, and didn't wake up until morning. Guess I needed it. Lol.

Rhonda - you're in my thoughts, dear. ♥

Karla said...

Hope your weekend goes well! I’m going to see CATS with my oldest daughter on New Years Eve. We’ve had it planned for quite some time. Looking forward to that and another Monday off work next week.

Karla said...

Regarding the lady in the photo with the gift - I don’t think she’s unhappy. I think she’s in shock. If you look at what’s in her hand, it looks like a diamond bracelet or necklace!

May 2024 Goals