The Homemaker Plans Her Week: On Time

 


In my home this week, we have meetings, deliveries, services, children, interviews all scheduled and waiting on our calendar.  It's promising to be a busy week.  Let's do this!


Work:  


I never did get any dusting done last week in the living room area.  I did something, just not all I'd meant to do.  This week is Zone 2 and is technically the Living room area anyway.  And since the kitchen is more or less dismantled, and the bedroom is stacked about with boxes, I think I'll just concentrate on the the living room for one more week.  Perhaps this week I shall get the place properly dusted and decluttered as I'd planned.

I must pot up the things I bought on Friday.  I'd like to do some rearranging of pots this week and sort of spread the color about the three sides of the house.  I love it all crowded on the edge of the patio, as it looks lovely but I'd like to see some color in the other beds, too.  

I want to hang hummingbird feeders which John informed me needn't contain sugar water but can hold just plain water.  

We are paid this week, so I must get bills worked up for the month and stare the tiger in the eye...

I want to make plans for Thursday so it might go smoothly.  Having a plan for breakfast and lunch is helpful.  I think I'd like to make Jello for the kids this week as I know they all love it. 

Caleb's usual routine has been thrown to the wind and his behavior shows it clearly. I think this week I shall try to get him back into some form of it, once more.

Kitchen:  

Make bread, bagels, and possibly hamburger buns as well.  I think the kids would enjoy cheeseburgers and I could make my buns slider sized for them.

Mop the floor.

Plan meals.  

Sort out the freezer bins of all the stuff that we've been given and get an idea once more of what we have.  

Leisure/Personal:

Dale sent me a lovely stack of vintage magazines, none of which I've owned before.  As well as a new to me Emilie Loring book!  That's pleasures to be enjoyed this week and I'm looking forward to it.

I'm slowly getting into the habit once more of mini spa treatments.  This week I want to concentrate on my hair.  

Color.  I find this very relaxing in the evenings.

4 comments:

Lana said...

The thing looming over my head to get done was write my Mom's obituary so that it would be done in advance. So I got it done and sent to my sister this morning. And I cried a river doing it.

One thought about the tomato worms is that we don't have a lot of trouble with them but we heavily amend our soil with crushed egg shells to prevent blossom end rot.

terricheney said...

Lana, I can imagine that was hard...I've thought about what Mama's ought to say if anything happened to her but I haven't taken time to write it out.

I suppose the eggshells would cut down on lots of issues from slugs to worms of any sort that would do damage. After all, the horned worms do hatch in the soil and crawl up the plant. I'll have to dry out some eggs and try that too. The Sevin got on one of the branches and burnt the leaves so it's not the ideal solution. On the other hand, no more horned worms.

Chef Owings said...

Lana , We are writing our own so the kids don't have to. Daddy had his almost completely done for us after watching me write Mother's the morning of Thanksgiving dinner that we used as a family memorial for her also

Karla said...

I had a doctor's appointment this morning - just a 6 month recheck of labs, etc. My weight is up (which I knew) so that's got to be my new "project".

Lana - so sorry you're having to do that. I'm glad it will be prepared and something you won't have to think about later when your Mom passes.

I need to mop the 2 floors I have that aren't carpet. They are looking neglected. I'll probably try and do the master bath tonight since we have pest control coming tomorrow. I was telling myself I was going to declutter and reorganize the storage closet in that bathroom over the past weekend. It did not get done. It used to be a garden tub and we replaced it with a closet. And it desperately needs a clear out.

The Homemaker Plans Her Week: Baby Blue