Weekend Reading


I love looking at old homes and it doesn't bother me a bit to see them in their abandoned state.  I'd prefer to see every old building and home restored but I still love looking at the history of the site.  These were interesting to me for that reason.

These 2017 color predictions were far more interesting than any that Pantone has come up with in the last few years.  I could see myself choosing several of these.

Some of these sweet potato recipes  sound really good.  I've tried sweet potato biscuits and sweet potato pie crust myself and will attest they are delicious.  But my favorite way to eat a sweet potato?  Pulled piping hot, in the skin, right out of the oven, split open with a generous pat of butter melting inside it and eating it right away just like that.



No waste in the kitchen is hard, but I've been practicing it long enough now that I'm pleased with how very little we toss.  However, this slide show has some great ideas.

Minimalist wardrobe has never been my intent but it has been my life these past two years.  Love how Bridgette Ray took these 11 pieces (including the accessories and shoes in that count!) and shows how they can be combined into so many different looks.  Good for idea fodder.

2 comments:

Lana said...

Great list!

I love old buildings, too and have a Pinterest board of them that I visit form time to time. I have been seeing those colors of paint in my magazines and online decorators blogs but I always just think of the time it takes to paint which we hate so I stay with neutrals. It would be fun to choose a fun color and just do it though. I'm with you on the sweet potatoes but I do love a buttery sweet potato souffle with all those crunchy pecans on top. Who knew you could use orange peels as fire starters! And they would smell so good! My 33 year old daughter does the capsule wardrobe all in black and white and I somehow never even realize that she has so few clothes.

Karla said...

I love old houses/architecture too. There is a website a couple set up of their remodel of an old, really run down French chateau that I check occasionally. It's fascinating.

Thanks for the sweet potatoes site! I love sweet potatoes. My favorite way is now just plain roasted with salt, pepper and olive oil. Nothing else needed.

I, too, have heard the siren call of the capsule wardrobe idea. But I am too chicken to get rid of that many clothes despite the fact that I wear the same things over and over. Not sure what that's about.