Gift Ideas I've Found This Week.


I don't think I've ever written out a list of gift ideas for a holiday and I didn't suppose you'd find me starting it now, but as I was trolling about on Target.com the other day I came across a holiday line called Luxe Lodge.  It happened I visited Target later in the week and I saw several of these items on display. In case you haven't seen them, I thought you might like to look them over, too.  Personally,  I think these are pretty items  that would make wonderful gifts for a wedding shower or a housewarming , as well as Christmas gifts.  They are under $30 for the most part, with a few under $20 and I thought I'd featurethem here just in case any of you have gift giving occasions coming up.  

Metallics are very popular just now.  Brass is enjoying a resurgence in décor favor and copper is as well.  Gold and silver tend to remain popular.  All the pieces I've featured here are gold in color and that's partly why they caught my eye, because I knew they were current.  I think the designs are nice and classic and will therefore fit with most décor styles.




This set of bowls with pedestal tray is 19.99.  The tray has a cut out area so that the bowls sit snugly in place.  This would make a great entry table piece, where you could drop keys or change.  The store blurb suggests filling the bowls with seasonal items for display.  It would also be nice on a dresser for rings and jewelry or for a man's valet type piece.


This tray is $24.99.  It's a nice size at 18 in diameter.  It would be pretty propped on a mantel or set on a table and used to hold orchids or a pretty plant.  It would do nicely for a centerpiece on a dining table, too.  You might use in a bathroom or in a bedroom as a vanity tray.


This bowl matches the tray.   The bowl is 16 in. diameter and 5 in. high.  I think it would make a very attractive display piece just about anywhere and certainly it could be used as a suitable receptacle for potpourri or fruit or a big low arrangement of flowers.  It is $29.99.


I did not see this antler piece in the store where I was shopping.  I think it's a lovely piece, and because of it's natural motif would do well in any style room from modern to country.   I'd like to see this piece mixed with some of those lovely almost rustic looking wooden trays that are so popular just now.  This candelabra is priced at $28.49 and I think that's a bit high...but then I have a tendency to pick up most of my candleholders at thrift stores, so forgive me if I'm offbase in my estimation of that.    The measurements listed are 7in H x 10in W x 15 in D.  It is constructed of cast aluminum so would be lighter than you'd expect.  I really would have liked to have seen this one up close and to have handled it because I sure do like the look of it a lot!  

I did see these next two items and I would love to have them.   

They are titled as Hurricane lanterns but the description says the smaller holds a tea light while the larger hurricane's description says it will hold a pillar candle.  I expect you'd have to have try the candles in them but I think the smaller shorter pillar candles should fit fine even in the smaller hurricane.  I haven't seen these with candles in them, obviously, but I'll bet they are beautiful when they are lit.

The smaller hurricane is 7 in. high and wide.  The larger is 10 in. high and wide.  It was the 10 inch one I saw in the store and the only thing kept me from purchasing it immediately was the realization that if placed on the dining table as a centerpiece, John would likely bump it with his books or computer since he uses one end as his desk and possibly break it.  They are too large to fit my mantle depth.  I will tell you the photos don't  do them justice.  They have the metallic colored base, and a sort of ombre smoky to clear sort of rough hand blown glass look.  The small hurricane is $14.99 and the larger is $19.99.


The reason I thought to feature these is because they are part of a holiday décor collection called 
Gold Luxe Lodge.  They are reasonable for the most part now but you just might luck into some of these on Black Friday or later on clearance following the Christmas holiday if you want to wait a bit on them.  I bought a lovely faux bois (that's a wood grain pattern on a non-wood item) ceramic bowl a couple of years ago after the holidays that is nice enough to use anywhere in a home for about $5.  When we have a big company meal it's a lovely salad or fruit bowl, so something to keep in mind as you shop this season is how any of these items might  be practical for the every day home.

I'm going to keep my eye on these pieces for possible gift drawer items...and just maybe something for myself!

2 comments:

Sheila Speck said...

Just want to say I love your blog. The hurricanes are lovely. I will have to go see if they carry them locally.

Anonymous said...

Our Target in S. Calif. had these pieces early this summer but they are gone now. :-((( I really liked the tray and big bowl for the coffee table. We change out what is in a big bowl there now..fruit, flowers, ornaments etc. This brass set though was so classy!! We have a few brass things from family that were from the 30s and enjoy them. Thanks for showing su such pretty things to consider. Sarah