In My Home This Week: Life As I Know It

In my home this week...


...  Well the time has arrived at last.  Bess and Sam are packing up their house and will be here before the weekend is started.   They officially will move in here as they bring the little house across the field, where my niece previously lived,  up to snuff for a short term (2-3 years) place to stay and give their family plenty of time to determine if they shall buy a mobile home or build a new home .

In the meantime, all my routines are blown out of the water and I am dog paddling away trying to keep afloat.  I'll pop in here when I can but please don't expect a lot of me.  This year has promised to be 'different' and so far it has been!

I spent last night alone with the boys while John worked and Bess and Sam went back to Screven to begin the furniture removal.  I knew the likelihood I'd get a broken night's sleep was really good.  So as soon as both boys went to sleep, Gramma did, too!  I told John 9:15 is awfully early even for me but at 2:30a this morning, I was rather glad I'd played it smart.  It was 4:30 before I got Isaac deeply to sleep in his own bed once more.



Disaster struck this morning.  Both boys wake starving.  Josh was wet from head to toe, so the big bed he'd insisted on sleeping in had to be completely stripped even down to foam topper and be washed.  Isaac had to have his milk in a cup but has to be supervised as he's fond of shaking it hard and splattering milk everywhere.   I got laundry started, Josh washed off and changed, Isaac his milk then started breakfast.  In a rush to close the back door Josh slammed it across his foot, cutting two toes, not deeply but there was blood and he is three and dang it I've done that before and it HURTS badly.  Breakfast burns.  Isaac is a baby but he's very protective over his family.  He crawled to Josh and screamed at me as Josh cried and Gramma fumbled with bandaids.  Why on earth they don't make bandaids easier to open is beyond me.

I called Bess and Sam who talked to Josh and gave him a pep talk.   And Gramma shushed Isaac and then started a new breakfast, one that was not blackened.  And remembered that when Amie was four she went to play school while baby Samuel was at home alone with Mama.

Grampa came in, over tired and with little sympathy but after thirty minutes in the morning circus, he took up the baby, sent Josh outdoors to play and said quietly "Why don't you go get a shower?"    He was much more helpful after that, though thankfully the baby took a LONG nap and Josh happily played outdoors all morning.

This afternoon Josh is napping and Isaac is playing with the toys on his own.  John says we get a day off tomorrow, lol.  We'll see...but I do hope we can get a few hours to recover!

I worked:

Cleaned more of the front porch railings.

Wrapped up one Jamberry party and started a new one.  Made sure to do something with my business six days this week.  I do take Shabat off.

Spent 1 1/2 hours on hold Friday evening trying to settle a wrong charge on my satellite tv bill.

Spent one morning washing sheets and towels and getting them put away.

While laundry spun about I worked on getting my latest customer pages set up in my work notebook, booked my calendar with a party and check ins with customers and went over status of orders.

Took Mama grocery shopping and did a little of my own while I was out with her.  Not sure when I will get a chance to do my own, I'm awfully glad we stocked up hard the last pay period!

Moved some things to the shed.

Took Mama grocery shopping.

Sorted out the armoire in the kitchen.  Plastics drawer was organized, medicines moved to a deeper box and placed on the uppermost shelf.

Sorted out kitchen cabinets.  Rearranged casseroles, pots and pans;  moved foodstuffs about.  Then Bess came in with a box full of foods that we sorted out places for.

Sorted out the shipping boxes and Jamberry items and put them back neatly  in a lovely 31 bag I bought for $15.  Out of sight to little boys and looking far more neatly stored.

Kept the two boys alone, overnight and with John's help on Friday.  And believe you me that was WORK!

I made meals:
Lemon Pepper Chicken Breasts, Lemon Buttered Asparagus, Potato Salad, Cherry Cobbler

Lasagna, Spinach Salad, Garlic Bread, Cherry Cobbler

Fish sticks and Tater Tots for my lunch on my own.

Pot roast with vegetables, homemade bread.

Leftovers.

Chicken Nuggets, Tater Tots, Salad.

Meatloaf, Mashed potatoes, green beans and Corn Bread.

I saved:  
Sent John into Publix after church.  I knew I'd pick up sundry things which weren't necessary.  He bought bread and a paper.   That was most sufficient and I really had no need of anything more.

Ended up staying home on Monday which curbed the spendy impulses and made me get creative.  I found the missing grapevine wreath I was sure I had, hanging on my front door still decorated for Christmas (sheesh).  I made it look fresh and spring-like and added a length of ribbon from my craft stash to hang it back on the door.  Pretty!

That 1 1/2 hour phone netted me a corrected bill but a further credit for 'inconvenience' of $20.

Called my bank and asked them to refund a fee for a service that was cancelled.  Still waiting but I can be a very squeaky wheel...Just sayin'.  John is always telling everyone that he pities any company that abuses my money, lol.

At the grocery store with Mama I stuck hard to my list and bought just what I'd meant to buy.   There were a few things I just didn't buy as I knew full well that Josh would beg for them and I didn't see the purpose of teasing him with things his parents would rather he didn't have.

I bought mini bagels.  Not only were they on sale as a buy one get one, but I realized that Josh and Isaac love bagels but neither eat a whole one though they both want a whole one in their hand.  Mini bagels are definitely the answer to waste prevention.

While I was out Tuesday going to Mama's, I ran errands: took off trash, banked, went by mail box.

Made all of John's work lunches and work day breakfasts.

I had my leisure:






No I didn't!!  I was simply too busy all week long.  Maybe Saturday...



3 comments:

Lana said...

Oh how we would love to have grandchildren across the field. Our Alabama grandchildren live four doors down from the other grandparents. We would sure love that here!

Anonymous said...

Oh, you got me with that final statement about leisure! I’ve totally been there! I also know about mornings like you had. You know, when it’s over, I just shake my head and wonder how I did it. Keep up the good work!

Chef Owings said...

I've had my grandkids alone when little ...usually was 3-4 at time, found I went in to mommy mode as my own where the same ages (5-newborn) when my late husband died.

I love love love your pictures.

Blessed Be