The Homemaker Plans Her Meals: June 17-23

 



The fridge is packed.  I mean PACKED.  I have one item I know is hitting the trash can and that is a single serving of blueberry cobbler.  


I'll try to plan all three meals in this session.  We'll see how I do.  First let me share what I know I'm going to make this week.  John's already requested a Peach Cobbler.  I will bake bread and am seriously considering baking it in the bread machine which is John's least favorite way of baking it.  He dislikes the size.  I'll need to start really early in the morning with the baking if it's going in the oven.   

John also requested canned biscuits and I failed to pick any up. It did occur to me that Rhonda often uses cooked canned biscuits and sausages to make frozen for her husband.  I'll try to pick up some canned biscuits this week, cook ahead sausage and put those in the freezer.  It's a nice quick morning meal.  The canned biscuits hold up far better than fresh made ones for this purpose.

Breakfasts:  



Bagels, Croissants

Waffles, Bacon and Eggs

Cereal with fruit, Toast with peanut butter

Sausage Biscuits

Peanut Butter toast with bananas or peaches

Bacon, Toast

Omelets, Muffins

Lunches: 



I'll plan on lots of sandwiches this week since I don't have meal leftovers to incorporate.  Almost all of our lunches will include fruit (fresh or canned), and most likely chips unless noted otherwise.

Out

Turkey Sandwiches, Strawberries

Tuna Salad Plates, Crackers

Corned Beef and Swiss on Rye

PBJs

Hot Dogs, Slaw

Sloppy Joes, if there are no leftovers of any sort.

Suppers:  



Roasted Chicken (deli), odds and ends from fridge.

We are out.  Caleb and Katie use what we have at home.

Spaghetti Pie, Garlic Bread, Salad (sauce is thawed in fridge and I can use up rest of the cottage cheese).

Chef's Salads, Baked Potatoes, Rolls

Mac and Cheese, Pan Roasted Vegetables, Salad

Waffles, Pan Fried Chicken, Hash Browns

Spaghetti Diablo, Green Beans, Cheddar Biscuits, Salad

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Hello, yes, Jeff and all our kids like the big canned biscuits with sausage, I’m not really a fan but I do like having quick breakfasts. Canned biscuits are not low priced anymore. Jeff likes the Aldi and Great value biscuits as well as the higher priced Grands.

Karla said...

We honestly rarely use canned biscuits. It's me that doesn't care for them. We use them, maybe once a year, for making donuts. I prefer the frozen Grands biscuits that are more like homemade. But we also don't really eat sausage much either. Not sure why. I do like it. LOL