The Homemaker Plans Her Week: The End of June

 



In my home this week, I am astonished that we are in the last week of June.  It's been a good month, and though I've skimmed on Zone work overall, I've still managed to get a good bit accomplished indoors and out.  I want to make this week a good work week to finish this month off strong.   

There are many things ahead just now that I know are out of my hands.  I don't know when this renovation will start, but I know it's coming up.  I don't know what to expect from the new month ahead.  But I do know that I will feel more relaxed if I am more or less prepared for what I am fairly sure will be just ahead.  And that's incentive enough to finish off June strong.

Work: 


 

Zone work: porches, patio.  I will try to work on the front patio.  I'm very pleased with how my little garden is coming up but the patio looks so very cluttered and messy with the oversized table, the scattering of toys, empty pots, and general clutter.  I was looking at it critically just Thursday afternoon while Caleb and I were sitting on the front porch.

I won't have the extra day at the end of this month to plan to work on the shed, but honestly at the moment it's not on my radar.  What is on my radar, getting the kitchen packed up and the boxes sorted to various homes. This will be my biggest focus this week and the patio/porches will get their lick and promise cleanings but yeah, the kitchen and getting things out of the way is my big priority.  

And then there are just myriad little tasks I've seen. If I have any time to spare this week, these will be the third area I work at.   Friday, I took time to clean the door frames and molding along one section of the living room wall.  However, I'm willing to bet that all the chair rails could use a good wipe down and that other doorways are looking pretty grungy.  

I know the pictures that hang low enough for little fingers have fingerprints on them.  Windows could be cleaned (I won't bother in the kitchen until we're all done with the renovation work.  There are just all sorts of tasks and I think this week I'm going to do something I occasionally do and just go from room to room doing the one task and then moving on to the next task and going from room to room.  Sometimes it's good to focus on a single task and not on a single room hoping you'll hit all those tasks.

Kitchen:



Cookie dough for the freezer.  Browning ground meat to keep in the freezer for the renovation days ahead.   I have several pre-made casseroles and I think 5 out of 7 are pasta based.  We'll need a bit more variety than that.  Honestly, I don't know why I'm worried about meals.  We almost always manage to eat. And I will have means to cook, via the slow cooker or the toaster oven.  But still...I feel the need to be prepared.

I've said, ad nauseum that I want to get the kitchen pretty well cleared out.  I realized that really there's little in that room that needs to be there.  And I can easily condense down what we do need to keep there so that it's easily removed once we are at the "Go" stage.

Personal/Leisure:



Try to get up early each morning.  Not only do I fall asleep more easily most nights, I want to take advantage of the earlier hour but also to get in the habit of early rising.  I just function better overall if I can get a good morning's work behind me.

Continue to color or read each evening.  I find I am much more relaxed if I avoid excesses of screen time.   I don't necessarily sleep any better, but I am more rested since I'm not tensed up.

I give up the idea of setting up June outfits.  Shall I plan for July then?

Think hard about my personal goals for July.  Now's the time.

Journal.  I need to sort out my own head just now and journaling is the very best way to do so.




3 comments:

Chef Owings said...

I journal at bedtime, Hubby calls it my brain dump.
My goal for this month is to keep my sink shining. I have definitely fell off the band wagon that I got on in 2001

terricheney said...

Something I was thinking about just the other day as I scrubbed out my sink, Juls. I used to do this daily. My grandmother did it every single time she washed dishes. Definitely need to get back to this!

Karla said...

My husband goes to bed earlier than I do most evenings because he wakes up at 3am to go to work. I realized a few weeks ago that I don't have to go to bed that early! I can enjoy an hour or two of solitude to watch what I want on my ipad with no interruptions. Last week I found a free women's bible study website (https://lovegodgreatly.com/) and printed off a bible study. I'm planning to use my hour after he goes to bed to feed my spirit with good things.