The Homemaker Plans Meals for the Week Ahead

 


Gathered Fragments:

Carrot tops

Produce from Sam's garden last weekend: cucumber, peppers, eggplant.


Pizza, salad

Ripe peaches, strawberries and blueberries fast going past their best.

1/2 a pan of Tuscan Chicken Pasta

mashed potatoes

3 Pigs in Blankets

Meal ideas for the week ahead:

Beef Stroganoff over Mashed Potatoes, Parmesan Roasted Broccoli.  I have no mushrooms and Kate was going to pick some up but didn't.  I asked Sam if they had any, but they didn't.  Sure, will be happy when the grocery store finally reopens its doors any day now. Fortunately, our Dollar General did have mushrooms in stock.  I called ahead so I wouldn't waste a trip into town.  

I didn't have two steaks as I'd supposed but just one.  I did have a small packet of venison tenders which I thawed and will add to stretch the meat a bit further.

Clear the fridge.

Corned Beef, Coleslaw, Potato Salad.  This meal requested by John, at least the meat portion was.  I wanted to keep the rest of the meal fairly light and not quite so dense as a proper Corned Beef Dinner often is.

Sausage Hashbrown Casserole, Blueberry Muffins, Fruit Salad

Chicken Curry, Coconut Rice, Cucumber and tomato Salad, Naan.  I've got a good curry recipe for a Tandoori type chicken that we really like.  But instead of buttermilk, I'm going to add in plain yogurt from the freezer.  I'll use one of the cans of coconut cream milk to make the rice.

Meatloaf Roasted with Potatoes and Carrots, Green Salad. My favorite old cookbook suggests a 'Pot Roasted Meatloaf' which just sounds convenient.  I may end cooking this in the slow cooker depending upon the weather forecast, which I've yet to look at.

Something from the freezer... Salad or some other vegetable side.  Not sure which entree I'll choose but it's all got pasta in it, so it doesn't matter.

For the freezer:  Cottage Pie, big batch of Spaghetti Sauce

8 comments:

Angela said...

End of the week here in Rome 97 to 101.😲 I am not complaining about unseasonably cooler/ wetter weather that we have had.

terricheney said...

Angela, Me either! lol. About the face products, yes, I still like them very well. Holy Hydration by e.l.f. is very inexpensive. You can find products in Target and likely Walmart, online at the e.l.f. website or on Amazon.

I use the liquid cleanser morning and night. I follow up with the Triple Bounce daily serum, then the daytime moisturizer. I use the lip mask, too. That has been key to saying bye bye to the chronic chapped lips. At night I do the same routine along with eye cream, lip mask and a nighttime moisturizer or the sleep mask (2xs a week for that).

I just ran out of the Triple Bounce serum and Katie picked up Hyaluronic Acid serum which I'm following with the Happy Hippie Vitamin C serum. I found though that I didn't miss either of these products when using the Triple Bounce serum.

Slughorn said...

Why is your grocery store closed?

I have found that some Amazon basics products have a 20% discount for purchases over $50. I stocked up on razors

Slughorn said...

Forget to say that the AZ basics deal is for prime members.... But it looks as if their knock of kureg cups are 0.31 each before the discount

Karla said...

We had more rain last week but this weekend it was super hot and it will be this week as well. It's officially summer now - our first 100 will be this week. But we've been blessed by a late lasting spring so I'll take it.

Lana said...

I picked up a huge cabbage for 1.55 on Thursday and this morning it is in ten pints and singing away in the two canners.

I am working to clear out the freezer a bit so a big bag of chicken wings is out and thawing in the fridge to eat a couple of ties this week. Kielbasa and cabbage skillet with the cabbage that did not fit in the jars. We always have a fish day and something will go on the grill.

Rhonda said...

Like Karla said, it’s been mild here but the 100+ days will start this week.
I’m planning to do some cooking ahead to avoid the hot kitchen those days.

I’m wondering how the Carrot tops turn out

terricheney said...

Slughorn, Our grocery closed about two years ago, Maybe three?. The local people who owned it sold out to retire. His brother decided to open a grocery in another town, and so new owners came in. The quantity of food slowly disintegrated and then they put in gambling machines and the town pretty much rebelled as a whole at that point and refused to go in. So those folks went bankrupt.

Now there is a new owner and I've actually seen the inside of the store being stocked very well indeed. They were kind enough to open the store for my families and I to shelter in during a freak wind/thunderstorm last night and we had to leave home. I was very impressed with the amount of work they've done and the selection of products.

However, they are very slow about getting up and running. They were meant to be open mid-March, then Mid-June. Well last week of June and they aren't ready yet.

I do have AZ Prime and take advantage of all sorts of discounts there. Sometimes on basics items, or clearance items, or I find coupons, etc.

Karla and Rhonda, yes, it's been a really nice spring with extended cooler temperatures, but I think we're all about to 'meet' summer, lol.

Lana, I was shocked yesterday in digging in my beef section to discover that I have exactly 1 pound of ground beef left after this week. Thank goodness for July 4 sales!!