Menu Monday: It's Getting Hot

 


Mind you it's only hot if you happen to be working, especially outdoors, but there is a most definite trend towards warmer weather upon us.  Time to plan for some of those lighter entrees and fresher flavors that appeals so much more in summer.


Saturday:  Not really sure how this day will pan out.  I know that Katie will take the kids out for the morning/early afternoon.  We're driving down a bit further south to check out cabinets for the kitchen.  It's a long drive.  We'll see how the day goes.  I do have hotdogs, which Taylor requested last time she was here.  And there are always leftovers for the adults with children often begging for cereal.

Sunday:  Gramma's Fried Chicken, Mac n Cheese (boxed for the kids), Potato Salad, sliced tomatoes.

We'll sort out leftovers for our supper.  Then anything we don't use I'll designate for lunches, or pop into the freezer for future use.  

Freezer:  Cheesy Cracker Chicken Breasts.  ate for lunch

Gathered Fragments: sliced tomatoes and one orange tomato that is a bit more than ready for use

1/2 fried Chicken Breast

1 cup prepared 'aroni and cheese

Orange Gelatin with peaches

1/2 slice yummy white cake with chocolate frosting


Monday:  Breakfast casserole, Hash Browns, Sliced Tomato, Orange gelatin with Peaches. 

Tuesday: Sweet and Sour Pork Chops, Rice, Steamed Broccoli

Wednesday:  Steak and Blue Cheese Salads, Hot Biscuits

Thursday:  BBQ Chicken, Sweet Potato Fries, Coleslaw

Friday:  Burgers, Tossed Salad

5 comments:

Lana said...

Hmmm...half a slice of cake. There could be a struggle!

terricheney said...

Lana, Lol. Nope. Cake was all John's. I ate the other half the other day. No one else was interested.

Karla said...

The menu sounds delicious!

Tammy said...

For the past few months my niece and I have baked together using a challenge recipe from a web site. Each month is a different challenge. This month is a lemon cookie and it is definitely summery. My mouth is watering just typing this out.
We had a chilly day, and I knew I'd be feeding at least the grandkids, so I made lasagna. Jess ended up eating here AND taking home a container, so there's not much left.
Tomorrow night we'll have the blue cheese/steak salad bowls.
The rest of the week depends on whether Greg has to have a stent and stay at the hospital or not.
I'm going to put some salmon in the frig to thaw and we'll have that either Wednesday or Thursday, depending on when he gets to come home.

terricheney said...

Karla, Thank you!

Tammy, I have two party sized trays of lasagna in the freezer that I bought for a family day and can't pin Jd down to a visit date. I was trying for a time when all the kids could be here at once. I guess I'll just consider those two bonus meals and plan them for us at some point.