This Week's Menu Revamped



When I sat down to plan meals this weekend, I thought I did a pretty good job.  Saturday and Sunday went along just fine.  However, I needed several items that weren't in my pantry/fridge/freezers.  I thought I'd pick them up at the grocery store and then I didn't.   So Monday night's menu became something entirely off the cuff, using a recipe I've made many times and revamping it to what I had just purchased.

Today (Tuesday) I put my fridge in order and discovered I had leftovers that I hadn't planned to use.  Rather than freeze these things and use them later, it would be more convenient to use them NOW, since I had to re-plan my menus anyway.



So here are my amended menus:

Monday:  Armenian Potatoes with Zucchini and  Tomato Basil Chicken Sausages
The Armenian potato recipe is one I haven't made in quite awhile.  I decided to make it a one dish meal instead of serving each element separately.   This was a last minute plan.   It took a lot longer to cook than the potato recipe typically does and I believe this was due to the fact that I put frozen sausages into the pan.  In future I'll not do that.

Tuesday:  Tikka Masala with Chicken and Vegetables,Rice,  Sliced Cucumbers, Naan
Sam brought over enough Tikka Masala for one.  I thought I'd add a little more chicken, some zucchini and chickpeas to the serving he brought over.  I believe this will stretch the Tikka Masala nicely.

Wednesday:  Pinto Beans, Green Salad, Tortillas

Thursday:  Beef Pot pie, Pear Salad

Friday:  Tortilla Towers, Corn, Green Salad
I'll use some of the pinto beans and make a quick chili to layer with cheese and corn tortillas in a casserole dish.

Saturday:  Spaghetti ala diable, Green Salad, Cheesy Garlic Bread
I'll make this dish up on Friday.  I'll use the second piece of chicken breast.  I have leftover tomatoes from our Armenian potato dish, zucchini and bought fresh mushrooms so this dish is doable.

Sunday:  Leftovers
This is part of my 'keep it simple' weekend plan.

1 comment:

Lana said...

Mom taught me how to make her cabbage rolls yesterday. I had not had them in years. We have talked of all the lost recipes in the family. She does not have the recipes for her childhood favorite foods and a great aunt's meatloaf with stuffing on the middle that everyone loved died with her.

Thrifty Thursday: Try Harder