Christmas Time is Near: Advent Day 5

Hebrews 6:19 (NIV) We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure.


What do we do when the storms come raging at us?  

A couple of years ago, I had a health crisis.  I had bilateral pulmonary embolisms and they were literally found just in the very nick of time.   It was a frightening and scary time with an outcome that was based on percentages relying upon how long the surgeon would be in completing the surgery he was currently conducting.    After the doctor left the room, John looked at me and asked "What do we do?''  "Let's start with calling in all the prayer warriors."   Those prayer partners instantly came to cover us in prayer.   The hope that prayers would be heard in heaven were our anchor in that moment. They sustained us through every step of that journey.


Hold fast to the anchor of Hope.  Hold fast.  It will not fail.

1 comment:

Karla said...

I am in a support group right now - a 10 month commitment that started in September. I love having that circle of hope at a moment's notice. They represent Jesus with skin on for me during this time of my life when I need it most. And I get to be the same back for them.

I love how the Kingdom works - how even those we've never met on this side of Heaven have the same heart and the same goal and the same Lord and we are all in this together.