The Third Week of Christmas Looks Like This:

Week three of Christmas has come.  It looks like this in my home:

The week began with company, four overnight stays in the guest room in seven days, y'all.   I shall HAVE to buy a new mattress next year because this bed is starting to see as much use as ours does each week!  The guest room is looking a little worse for wear at the moment, though my last guest kindly made the bed before she left.



And there's the inevitable stack of baby laundry that gets left behind because it needs to be laundered.  Daddy Sam will pick it up when he comes in later this week to use the guest bed...Yep! more overnight company!





John's ex-wife stopped here overnight late last week.  She wanted to return some of John's family pieces that she felt were best kept in our home rather than being put in storage as her home underwent construction.  They are lovely things that she brought us.  Crystal glasses and silverware and two beautiful sandwich glass sugar bowls that catch fire when the light hits them.  My photo does no justice at all to the one I'm showing.  They are true antiques and so lovely.


She also wanted to visit her son and grandchildren and our home was a convenient stopping point between the two homes.

Friday Vicky departed and in came Bess and the boys.  We all got dressed to go meet Sam in Macon at Bass Pro.  Josh and I played around for a little bit while we were waiting on the others.  He said we were 'cool'.


Then we went to Bass Pro.


 I love that both Grandpa and Isaac have on suspenders.

We visited Santa with no tears at all this year,

and Josh and I happily rode the Carousel.

My husband picked out the cutest little booties for me,  but mine are black.

We had a fairly whirlwind day on Saturday which I'll tell you about in more detail another time.  It wasn't the day I or anyone else had thought it might be.  There was a rescue, a rushed meal and present giving time and a rush of several parties out the door to go home.   Katie spent the night.  Taylor happily played with her gifts and watched the "B'nana" movie aka Despicable Me 3.



Sunday after guests all departed,  I decided we'd had enough sweets.  I packed cookies up in freezer containers; at least  the cookies  I thought would freeze well.  It will be nice to take treats from the freezer in the weeks to come.



I left out the two things I knew would not freeze well: haystacks and fudge.

 

 We had one more overnight stay, Vicky stopped on her way back.  I'm glad I've gotten to know her.  I feel she is truly part of the family.

 We've lit candles all but one night of Chanukah and that was Saturday evening when the night simply got well away from us.  The whole day had been that way.  The last candles were lit Tuesday night.  I am sad to put this away for another year.

 We have had lots of mail this week, outgoing and incoming.  First there are cards galore.



This one is my absolute favorite thus far:


There were packages filled with presents to forward to others and presents for a lovely man of the house.

 

 And there are packages to send:



 The tree is still lovely, even without presents underneath.



 And that is the third week of Christmas in my home.

4 comments:

Angela said...

Oh my what a whirlwind week! Love all the pictures- especially the one with all your "men." The booties are darlin'. Merry Christmas to you and John!

Angela said...

Oh I forgot to say that I think the creamer would be lovely with a votive candle in it (even the battery kind).

Anonymous said...

Hi Terri!

Your family looks very happy 😄 !
My theory is that you're such a welcoming person, and you make things cozy at your home, they can't wait for a return visit!

Love your booties! I have a similar black pair that are surprisingly comfy and wear them all the time!

Merry Christmas! Hope you and John enjoy your quiet time!

Love,
Tracey xox

terricheney said...

Thank you all! My men were very happy that night, and Bess and I were not grumpy either but no one thought to take pictures of us!

Thrifty Thursday: Try Harder