Christmas Time Is Near: Day 9

James 1:17  Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.  



Shifting shadows...That jumped out at me today because not too long ago I was working here at home and suddenly I saw something move out of the corner of my eye.  My heart pounded, I screeched, I moved away from where I was standing in a leap.  And what caused all the havoc?  A shift of shadow.  An illusion.  Something that was not real.


But God IS real.  He is forever alive in the present tense.  His very name says "I am, I will be".  His love is real.  It is never changing.  Grieved at times by our sinfulness and lack of wisdom I am sure, but his love is steadfast. 

2 comments:

Beckyathome said...

I love all your little Advent thoughts! It is really hard this time of year to fit everything in, so we are also stopping most days to focus on Advent a bit.

Anonymous said...

Wow...Beautiful! Perfect point about the trickery of illusions.

Love,
Tracey
XoX